Sunday, November 27, 2005

November 26, 2005

November 26, 2005

Bryce Canyon National Park, Utah

YEAR 2 DAY 162

 

We are at a much higher elevation today then we were yesterday. HA ... it was Joanne's turn to get sprayed with toothpaste exploding out of the tube due to yesterday's higher air pressure trapped inside.

Today was sunny and cold. The weather forecast on TV last night predicted severe winter storms just north of us, but it hasn't quite reached as far south as this yet.

Oh, gee ... I've just walked Bo ( 8:15 P.M. ). We're having a blizzard. The last time I was outside was about 5:30 P.M. and I could see approaching clouds, but it was still sunny. I came inside, it got dark, I closed the blinds, and got a huge surprise when I stepped outside just now.

This morning while Joanne prepared a picnic lunch for a day trip to Bryce Canyon National Park, I reinstalled the bedroom ceiling roof vent handle that came loose and fell off yesterday, then installed the floor register that I bought yesterday at Home Depot. We unhitched the truck from the trailer, and headed off for Bryce Canyon. On the way out of Riverside Resort & RV Park, we stopped at the office and paid for 2 nights. I was annoyed that there was no reduction in their rate, considering the water is turned off, and the restrooms / showers are closed for the winter. We headed north on Hwy. 89, then east on Hwy. 12 to Bryce Canyon National Park. Before we got to the park, we passed through Red Canyon, where we stopped and took many spectacular photos. Once in Bryce Canyon National Park, out first stop was Sunrise Point. We took more photos, then hiked along the rim of the canyon to Sunset Point. More spectacular photos walking along the rim, and at Sunset Point. We hiked back to the truck at Sunrise Point, ate our picnic lunch, then drove to Inspiration Point. The hike up to Inspiration Point was short, but the trail rose from about 8000 feet to about 8300 feet. GAD ! My lungs were screaming for air, and my knees were throbbing ! More spectacular photos. We hiked back down to the truck, and drove over to Bryce Point. More photos at Bryce Point. By then we were quite tired, and decided we had seen the 4 main attractions of Bryce Canyon, so we would head back to the trailer. On the drive back to Hatch, we stopped and took more photos at Red Canyon.

Once we got back to the trailer, I was so tired I decided to take a brief nap. When I got up, we hitched Harvey to Dee-Dee again, to save time tomorrow morning, and just in case the weather is poor tomorrow morning. I phoned Passport America and renewed our annual membership. I phoned Sharon to have a chat. While chatting with Sharon, a Class C rig pulled into Riverside Resort & RV Park. Oh, goody, we won't be all alone here tonight. We noticed that it had B.C. license plates, so while I continued chatting with Sharon, Joanne went over to say hello to some fellow Canadians. After I finished my phone call with Sharon, I went over to join her. As I approached Joanne, and the couple standing beside their rig, the woman recognized me. WOW ... I had assisted them last summer at West Hawk Lake. What a coincidence ! They actually are not from B.C.. They are a couple from England, travelling around North America for a year. They bought a used RV in Vancouver last spring, and will sell it there next spring before returning to England. We chatted with them beside their rig for awhile, about their travels and ours, then invited them into our trailer to give them some information about Las Vegas, where they're headed next.

After they left, I worked on today's photos, while Joanne prepared supper. We had supper, then I did today's accounting and journal entry. Joanne just peeked outside and said the snow is rapidly accumulating. Uh-oh !

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment