Monday, November 14, 2005

November 12, 2005

November 12, 2005

Coarsegold, California

YEAR 2 DAY 148

 

Today was partially sunny, and warm.

I was too sick this morning to get out of bed. I slept until noon, then moved in slow motion for the rest of the day. After showering and having lunch, we did a bit of trip planning about where we're going from here. We'll leave here Tuesday and head towards Las Vegas. I did today's preventive maintenance, then we drained the holding tanks and refilled the fresh water tank. We drove into Coarsegold to buy a bit of groceries and a newspaper. When we returned, we gave a very quick wash and rinse to both the truck and trailer. Three long hard days of driving in the rain from Washington to here left both vehicles coated in road grime. Our vehicles, particularly the trailer, always seem to be dirty. The lower street side of the trailer is the worst. Today we just did a quick wash and rinse of the lower parts of the trailer and truck. Scrubbing the grime, bugs, acid rain spots, and upper sections can wait. Driving in heavy rain had actually cleaned off all the bugs from the front of the trailer, but then we got to California, and there were bugs again.

I've just started working on today's journal, while having a late afternoon snack. Joanne has begun to read the local Madera newspaper. She's noticed that in the entire Saturday newspaper, there is no national or international news. Only local news, which we find very common, and very strange, in the United States newspapers and TV news. I did today's accounting, then while Joanne prepared supper, I went to the clubhouse, got online, sent and retrieved e-mail, updated my blog, and downloaded updated investment data.

We had supper. I read the newspaper and watched interesting surgeries on The Discovery Channel. I helped Joanne give Bo a bath. When I walked Bo at bed time, he was scared of the coyotes howling nearby. Poor Bo ... I won't let those big, bad coyotes eat you.

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment