Monday, January 2, 2006

December 30, 2005

December 30, 2005

Benson, Arizona

YEAR 2 DAY 196

 

Today was sunny and warm.

There was a large urine stain on the side of one the truck front tires this morning. I can only surmise that a coyote pissed on my truck tire during the night ! The only other canines around here are a bunch of little lap dogs, who are never off leash, and couldn't pee that high without a ladder. This morning I did some minor maintenance work, tightening loose screws, replacing missing mushroom plugs, testing the smoke alarm, eliminating squeaks, etc.. I removed the incandescent light fixture over my computer desk, and replaced it with a fluorescent fixture I bought at Camping World in Tucson a few days ago. My main objective was to have a light fixture that consumes less power, for when we're dry camped without electricity. However, now that it's evening, I realize that not only does the fluorescent light fixture consume less energy, it casts a much better light. I'm going to buy another fluorescent fixture to install over the dinette table. I took Bo for a long obedience walk. Good dog, Bo, very good ! Yesterday we were watching a show on a network that we've never seen before, called Animal Planet. An emergency room veterinarian was working on extricating a little terrier who had stuck his head through the centre hole of a large truck tire, and got stuck. As she worked to get this poor little dog out of his predicament, her comments were ; "Never underestimate a terrier. They do what they want, when they want". HA HA HA ! Tell me something I don't already know.

We had lunch, I read, then napped. Lorri phoned to give us some good news about her recent medical tests. We went to the 4:00 P.M. social hour in the clubhouse. This is a very friendly, welcoming park. On their bulletin board was a series of e-mailed pictures of the creation of the annual snow road from Thompson to Churchill, Manitoba. I explained the concept of the snow road to the people sitting near us. They were so fascinated that I was invited to explain the pictures to the entire group at social hour, using the P.A. system. Geeez, people, it’s just snow ... get a life ! HA HA HA HA HA ! ! ! These desert dwellers are amazed at the explanation of a winter snow road, to accompany pictures that they received but didn’t really understand. After social hour we went to Safeway in town to buy some groceries. When we returned, Joanne put away thegroceries and worked on preparing supper, while I fed the animals, did today’s accounting and began today’s journal.

After supper, I went to the clubhouse to get online, send and retrieve e-mail, update my blog, and retrieve year end investment data. In the next few days I'll download it and begin my 2005 investment performance analysis. We spent the rest of the evening watching Animal Planet and Discovery Health Channel. Neat autopsies !

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment