Friday, January 27, 2006

January 25, 2006

January 25, 2006

La Feria, Texas

YEAR 2 DAY 222

 

Today was sunny and warm.

This morning after regular morning chores, I phoned Sharon and chatted with her for awhile. We had decided a month ago that we should each phone our sisters once a month. I took an empty propane tank out of the propane tank compartment, and put it into the truck, to take it for refilling later. I fixed a minor problem with one of the burners on the stove. We took Bo for an obedience walk, then walked around the perimeter of the carnival that is setting up on the empty lot adjacent to the RV park. We're not sure whether they're actually setting up a carnival, or if they're just setting up for maintenance. The address of the carnival company, on all the vehicles, is here in La Feria, Texas. Maybe the empty lot they're setting up on is their home base.

We had lunch. We drove into Harlingen to get the propane tank refilled. At Hino Gas I found out that while it costs $18 to refill the propane tank at their site, I could have had it done right here in the park for $19.50. They have a propane truck come into the park daily to refill tanks. It doesn't seem worth the time and expense to drive 8 miles there, and 8 miles back, to save a buck and a half. We drove back to La Feria, stopping at Dollar General to pick up a few items. Back at the trailer, I read for awhile, then napped. When I woke, I purged my wallet. Like everything else in this mobile lifestyle, it needs to be periodically purged of unnecessary items.

We went to the park's potluck supper tonight. This park has a busy social activities calendar, to keep their "Winter Texan" residents happy and busy. We enjoyed the potluck dinner, chatting with a couple from Chicago, Illinois, and a couple from Nashville, Tennessee. After dinner, I went online, to verify that the $15 credit / refund from Encore Sunshine RV Resort has been posted to my MasterCard account. It has not. I've given them a week to make the credit / refund. I assume they're not going to, without a fight, that I will be happy to have with them tomorrow ! I checked e-mail, did today's accounting, and started today's journal.

This evening I spent some time working on the most complicated of the new magic tricks that I got for Christmas. It's the second time I've worked on this trick. The first time I worked on it, a few weeks ago, it went poorly, and I felt discouraged. Tonight, after working on it for an hour or so, I demonstrated my progress for Joanne. She thought it was coming along well and showed promise. That was encouraging for me. I'll keep working on it. It's a great illusion.

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment