Tuesday, January 31, 2006

January 30, 2006

January 30, 2006

La Feria, Texas

YEAR 2 DAY 227

 

Today was sunny and hot, temperature in the upper 80's ... again. Second day in a row. The locals are complaining that the temperatures lately have been about 10 degrees higher than they should be at this time of the year. Hey ... no complaints from the Canadians !

First thing this morning I took the truck into Knapp Chevrolet in Harlingen, for a new starter. I wanted to wait for the truck, but they obviously didn't want to feel rushed by a waiting customer. They insisted on driving me back to La Feria RV Park. Back at the park, I did my monthly test of our smoke alarm, then took Bo for an obedience training session. Recently I started making the "stay" and "come" situations much more challenging, and Bo has responded superbly. I'm so pleased and proud of him. Good boy, Bo !

I read for awhile, until I fell asleep. Joanne woke me for lunch. After lunch, I read some more, until I fell asleep again. HA HA HA ... nice work if you can get it. I got online, in the trailer, on Wi-Fi, sent and retrieved e-mail, and updated my blog. I can connect to a Wi-Fi signal in the trailer, intermittently. A neighbouring RV must have a satellite Internet connection, but it isn't on all the time. I check a few times a day for the Wi-Fi signal, and usually find it at least once every second day. Late in the afternoon, I had not yet heard from Knapp Chevrolet, so I phoned them. They had just finished replacing the starter in the truck, but could not find any reason why Dee-Dee keeps "eating" starters. I'm extremely disappointed, once again, that no cause for the problem can be found. Oh, well, at least I have another new starter, and at least this time I didn't have to pay for it, and then jump through hoops trying to get a reimbursement. Knapp processed a warranty claim against the "lifetime guaranteed" ( in the United States ! ) starter replaced in Illinois in September, 2004. They sent their shuttle to pick me up and drive me back to the dealership. I picked up the truck, drove back to La Feria, and stopped at the local Mexican bakery to buy bread. They had already sold out of bread for the day. I stopped at El Centro Foods, the local Mexican grocery store, to buy bread and milk.

Back at the trailer, I did today's accounting, and started today's journal entry. I spent about half an hour working on my new magic trick. It didn't go particularlywell today. This illusion is going to be a real tough one to master. We had supper, then watched some TV.

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment