Monday, January 23, 2006

January 21, 2006

January 21, 2006

La Feria, Texas

YEAR 2 DAY 218

 

Today was cooler, temperature in the mid 60's, cloudy, with intermittent light drizzle.

This morning I worked on composing some e-mails. Main one was to Eric Pryor, our accountant in Ottawa, regarding 2005 personal and corporate income tax matters. I did preventive maintenance outside, then worked on installing a new fluorescent light fixture over the dinette table. It's the same as the one I installed recently over my computer desk. It uses less energy than the 4 bulb incandescent fixture that was over the dinette table. We weren't really able to use that light when we boondock, because of its high energy consumption. Joanne spent most of the day on cleaning projects. Travelling across the desert for the last month and a half left a lot of dust in cupboards and drawers. I did a brutal cull of my hard copy investment records. I've been hauling around about 6 years worth of hard copy financial statements and records. This lifestyle doesn't have room for hard copy of records going back that far. I culled my records down to keeping only those from 2006. Now that's culling, n'est-ce pas ? HA HA HA !

We had lunch. I read, then napped, one of my joys when we're staying in one place for awhile. I took Bo for an obedience walk. Good work, Bo. I washed the truck. I gave Bo a bath. He's a lot easier to bathe when his hair is short, like it is now. I started work on today's journal entry. I went to the clubhouse to get online. I tried to retrieve both my MasterCard statements, but the U.S.$ MasterCard statement wasn't yet available. I guess because today was a Saturday. I'll have to retrieve it on Monday, I guess. I did retrieve the Canadian dollar MasterCard statement. I was very pleased to see that the 2005 "cash back" credit was for $166 ! The "cash back" option is much better than our previous Air Miles premium. There was a new WorkCamping For Charities job posted on the WorKamper website. WorkCamping For Charities is the only WorKamper web page where we can find assignments in the United States. As Canadian citizens visiting the United States, we can only take unpaid "volunteer" assignments. The new job posting is for FestiVELO de Charleston, a week long family oriented bicycle rally event in and around Charleston, South Carolina next December. I sent an e-mail requesting more information.

After supper, I sat on the sofa, and shelled the bag of pecans we bought recently at a road side stand. Once they were shelled, we were surprised by the large volume of pecan meat there was. Joanne used about half of it to bake a large pecan pie while I watched a bit of TV.

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment