Friday, January 20, 2006

January 16, 2006

January 16, 2006

Laredo, Texas & Nuevo Laredo, Mexico

YEAR 2 DAY 213

 

Today was sunny and very warm, temperature 86 degrees. Late in the afternoon, we had another desert storm. They blow up quickly, and the wind is severe, but there's no precipitation.

We spent another miserable day of fighting, making each other angry, and hurting each other. Very, very disagreeable !

This morning I drove to the park entrance station to pay for another night, then drove over to the nearest service station to adjust the air pressure in one of the truck tires. I phoned U.S.P.S. to get some information to help me figure out where I should have my next batch of mail sent. I got the ladder out of the pass through storage compartment, and lubricated the rubber weather strip moulding around the bedroom slide. The bedroom slide has been binding when it's being retracted lately. I took Bo for an obedience training session. We walked down to the fishing dock on Lake Casa Blanca.

We had lunch, then set off to explore Nuevo Laredo, Mexico, across the Rio Grande River. We drove to the World Trade Bridge, parked nearby, and walked across into Mexico. We spent about 2 hours exploring Nuevo Laredo. It's a much larger city than the other Mexican towns we've visited, and we didn't find anything particularly interesting about it. Of course, that might just be a function of the fact that we were squabbling mercilessly the whole time.

Just as we got back to the trailer, a violent wind storm blew up. I could hear the roof vent cover on the bedroom roof vent making a noise. I climbed up on the roof of the trailer, to find that 2 of the 4 mounting brackets on the roof vent cover had broken. I removed the roof vent cover. It was difficult, and dangerous, to be climbing on and off the roof repeatedly, getting tools, and working on the roof when the wind was blowing so hard, but I didn't want the roof vent cover to rip right off the roof.

I read a book for awhile. We had supper. I did today's accounting and journal entry.

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment