Monday, January 30, 2006

January 29, 2006

January 29, 2006

La Feria, Texas

YEAR 2 DAY 226

 

Today was sunny and hot, temperature in the upper 80's. Pretty nice ! Wore just a pair of shorts all day.

This morning I did regular preventive maintenance, drained the waste holding tanks, and worked on disinfecting the fresh water holding tank. Every 3 months, I disinfect the fresh water holding tank by adding a couple of cups of bleach into the tank, refilling it, letting it sit for a day, then running some of the bleach solution through the hot water tank, and all the plumbing lines. I spent the rest of the morning working slowly on a variety of small cleaning and minor maintenance projects.

After lunch we walked down to the office and bought a newspaper. Usually, Sundays are the only days we buy a newspaper. I took Bo for an obedience training walk. I updated and printed some documents. I downloaded and processed the photos I took yesterday at the Texas Citrus Fiesta parade. We spent the rest of a very warm afternoon sitting outside in lawn chairs, reading the newspaper.

Late in the afternoon we went to the clubhouse to participate in the "sing along", followed by an ice cream social. The sing along wasn't quite what we expected. I don't think we'll be going to any more park sing alongs. We had our bowl of ice cream, then sat around chatting with the couple from Chicago. Ice cream socials are a regular weekly event in most "snowbird" parks, and are a good way to get to know other people staying in the park. This park has a fairly busy social calendar in the upcoming week. I think we'll attend a few of their events.

We returned to the trailer, and had a late supper. I did today's accounting, and started working on this journal entry while Joanne washed dishes. We watched a bit of TV.

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment