Tuesday, January 24, 2006

January 23, 2006

January 23, 2006

La Feria, Texas

YEAR 2 DAY 220

 

Today was cloudy and cool, but no rain.

This morning I made a series of phone calls to Knapp Chevrolet a couple of miles down the road, and Competition Chevrolet in Stony Plain, Alberta, about replacing the starter in the truck ... again. I've got the service manager at Competition talking to the service manager at Knapp. They're putting their heads together to try to figure out a solution to the ongoing problem. Tom Livingstone at Competition suggests wrapping the new starter with an asbestos wrap used on headers, secured in place around the starter with large hose clamps. I'm waiting for Knapp to get back to me, to schedule an appointment for later this week. I composed and sent some e-mails this morning. I discovered that I can get Wi-Fi right here in the trailer, but it's not La Feria RV Park's network. It must be a nearby RV with an Internet satellite dish. I took Bo for an obedience walk. He did superbly. Good, good dog, Bo !

We had lunch. I spent much of the afternoon doing online research, on ulcerative colitis, proctitis, and medications. I've run out of some of my medications. I'm running very low on others. We're going to go down to Mexico later in the week, and I'll buy some prescription medications, but not all of my meds are available in Mexico, under the brand names that I use. I’m doing research online to determine what substitutions to make. In the Mexican pharmacies, prescriptions are not necessary. Just walk up to the counter, ask for Questran, por favor, and away you go ! In Mexico, most prescription medications are available on an “over the counter” basis. We gave the trailer a quick wash and rinse, to get rid of all the desert dust before it bakes on hard. We went for a ride, into Harlingen, to find the Encore Sunshine RV Resort that we couldn’t find the other day. We found the resort, about 2 blocks from where we got lost, and had phoned them for directions. We drove around the resort, and I satisfied myself that cancelling our reservation, and not staying there, wasn’t a great loss. We drove back towards La Feria, stopping at Knapp Chevrolet on the way, just to take a look around. Before pulling into La Feria RV Park, we stopped at the local grocery store to refill 4 jugs of drinking water. The local price for a gallon of drinking water is 15 cents.

I downloaded and printed our U.S.$ MasterCard statement, and printed some of the health and medication information I found online. While Joanne prepared supper, I reconciled the U.S.$ MasterCard statement. We had supper. While watching TV after supper, I worked on today’s accounting, and journal entry.

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment