Thursday, January 5, 2006

January 4, 2006

January 4, 2006

Benson, Arizona to Deming, New Mexico

YEAR 2 DAY 201

 

Today was sunny and warm again.

I started my day by returning a phone call to my investment broker in Ottawa. Roger and I discussed some changes I wanted to make to our investments. Roger talked me out of it. I guess that's why he gets the big bucks. HA HA HA ! Joanne went to pay for our one week stay, while I worked on preparing for departure. We departed Benson, heading east on Interstate 10.

We stopped for lunch at a rest area near the Arizona border with New Mexico. We pulled into the rest area behind a car with Manitoba license plates. While Joanne prepared lunch, I took Bo for a walk, and chatted with the driver of the Manitoba car. It was a family from Winnipeg, returning to Winnipeg after visiting parents / grandparents who are wintering in Tucson. After lunch, and shortly after crossing into New Mexico, we stopped for diesel in Lordsburg. We arrived in Deming around 3:00 P.M. and got ourselves settled into Dream Catcher SKP RV Park.

As we were getting set up in our site, we got a visit from Bob and Helen Boville, friends of ours from Escapees Ontario Chapter 18. We attended Dream Catcher's daily social hour, and chatted with a couple who are travelling east to west, and are heading for where we've just come from. After social hour, I took Bo for an obedience training session, working mostly on difficult "stays". He did great. Joanne and I did some short term trip planning, figuring out where we're going and what we're doing for the next week or so.

While Joanne prepared supper, I printed some documents, prepared some documents to send to our accountant, and put the finishing touches on my 2005 investment records. After supper, I did today's accounting, and tried to get onto Dream Catcher's Wi-Fi. They have been having some troubles with their Wi-Fi system, and getting online is a "hit or miss" proposition. I finally managed to get online briefly, but not long enough to accomplish what I wanted.

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment