Friday, December 24, 2004

December 22, 2004

December 22, 2004

Rainbow's End

DAY 188

 

Today was quite cool, and it rained most of the day. I spent most of the day in bed, indulging in laziness. Bo would not willingly go outside this morning. There was low grumbling thunder for much of the morning, and he was terrified. I wonder if that's because he lived through Hurricane Ivan as a six month old pup ?

I woke up, fed the animals, showered, and went back to bed until almost noon.

After lunch we went to the C.A.R.E. Centre to have the nurse check our arms where she gave us TB detection shots the other day. Negative reaction. I don't think I've had a TB detection shot since about grade one !

I spent the afternoon lying in bed, reading, and napping.

This evening, we watched a movie. Three or four years ago, Lorri and Doug gave me three James Bond videos as a Christmas gift. Tonight I finally watched the second of the three. I watched the first one a couple of years ago while Joanne was in the hospital having cancer surgery. Maybe I'll watch the third one next Christmas season ? Tonight we watched Thunderball. PEEEEUUUUWWWW ... what a stinker ! Made in 1965, it seems horribly dated now. Politically incorrect ... 30 year old special effects ... nonsensical plot line.

The TV news tonight was dominated by the weather. There was snow today in northern Texas, around the Dallas area. We're in the southeast, near Houston, so no snow, but the next three nights will be below freezing over night. The coldest it's been in this area in fifteen years. Our presence seems to inspire record low temperatures wherever we travel, whether it's France in January / February, Winnipeg in August, Missouri in November, or Texas at Christmas. I've just come inside after walking Bo, and disconnecting the outside water and sewer connections to prevent frozen lines. For the next three nights, we'll just use the inside fresh water and waste holding tanks over night and in the mornings.

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment