Wednesday, September 1, 2004

August 31, 2004

August 31, 2004

DAY 75

 

 

It's very late, after 1:00 A.M., I'm tired, so this may be a short entry for a long day.

Around noon we left for our afternoon movie date with Joanne's sister and little nieces. I dropped Joanne off at the movie theatre to buy tickets while I drove to Carlson's to drop off supper. Joanne had made quiche and cookies, to use up the eggs we had in the fridge. We'll be crossing the U.S. border in 2 days, and our fridge and freezer need to be empty. When I got to Carlson's, there was a change of plans. Amelia had injured her eye last night, and needed to see a doctor. Lorraine had an appointment for her that conflicted with our movie time, so I loaded Madeleine's car seat into Dee-Dee, so I could take Madeleine to the movie, while Lorraine went with Amelia to the doctor. Lorraine phoned Joanne to sell 2 of the tickets < sigh >. Just as I was going to leave with Madeleine, Joanne phoned back to advise that she had exchanged all the tickets for a later showing of the movie. Fine ... out came Madeleine's car seat from the truck < another sigh >. I drove back to the theatre, and picked Joanne up. We went to run some errands for a couple of hours to kill time until the later showing of the movie. Lorraine phoned after Amelia's doctor's appointment, and we met her at the mall with the movie theatre where we went to the pet store to see the animals until the movie time. That was a lot of fun. As we walked from the pet store to the theatre, Lorraine and I took Amelia back to their van to put in some eye drops the doctor gave her. Suffice to say that was not a lot of fun !

The movie we saw was Shrek 2. Now that was a lot of fun. Best movie I've seen in 20 years. However, that might not count for much. I've probably seen less than a dozen movies in the last 20 years.

After Shrek 2, we went back to the Carlson's for our farewell dinner. BUT ... before dinner, I got to assist Doug with more eye drops for Amelia. Oh, boy ... how can she ever forget Uncle Dan now ? The uncle who hurts her eye while Mommy or Daddy holds her. Sorry, Amelia.

After dinner, we watched Amazing Race, then chatted until our laundry was finished. Joanne had taken a couple of loads of laundry over to do while we were there. I showed Doug and Lorri the YMCA Of The Ozarks web site, to show them where we'll be Workamping this fall in Missouri.

Back at the trailer, I prepared my "mail management system" to give to Sharon tomorrow. I'm going to burden her with managing our incoming mail. I'm not yet certain of what is the best way to deal with managing our mail. Guess we'll figure it out as we go along.

DSK

P.S. ; As I was getting ready for bed, I decided to get a bed time snack for both me and the "boys". Poured myself a glass of milk, then spilled the entire bag of dry cat food all over the floor < final sigh of the day >.

No comments:

Post a Comment