Wednesday, September 1, 2004

August 30, 2004

August 30, 2004

DAY 74

 

 

I don’t understand how an unemployed, homeless guy like me can have so much work to do.

Last night, the door latch assembly broke as I was opening the door from the outside. Good thing Joanne was inside the trailer, because the door could not be opened from the outside. I removed the latch assembly, and this morning set out to shop for another one. I bought it at RV Canada One on Lagimodiere Blvd. at Marion Street. There are three RV dealers in close proximity to one another, and RV Canada One is the only one I haven’t dealt with yet. Too bad. Their parts department is larger and better stocked than the other two, and they are the only one of the three to offer a discount to Explorer RV Club members. From there it was on to Canadian Tire to buy the double sided adhesive foam tape I needed to stick the water heater control module back onto the tank. It fell off yesterday. < SIGH >

I replaced the door latch assembly, then worked on repairing the damage caused yesterday to the lawn beside the driveway. I fixed it a little, but it still looks pretty gruesome. Now I can rest peacefully. I’ve finally fulfilled all my goals. I’ve become the brother-in-law who not only parks his massively huge RV on your driveway all summer, drinks your beer, but also ruins your driveway and lawn in the process < another SIGH >.

Faxed some documents to my insurance broker in Ottawa. Fixed the hot water tank control module. The bathroom grey water tank was full after Joanne’s shower this morning, so next I drained the shower grey water ... onto the driveway, of course ! Hey, Bud ... give me another beer ! Went into the house to print some documents I needed and go online to check e-mail and update my blog entries. Packed away the printer and fax machine, as I’m finished using them for awhile, I hope.

Sharon invited us into the house for a dinner feast of freshly home made, authentic Ukrainian perogies. They were great ! That's probably my last perogy meal for at least a year. I've eaten more perogies in the last 6 weeks than in the prior 20 years. I can feel my body getting thicker and my neck getting shorter even as I type.

After supper, I checked out some southern U.S. RV parks online, and the fall activity calendar of YMCA Of The Ozarks / Trout Lodge / Camp Lakewood , where we have a Workamper job starting inlate October. Then I cuddled on the sofa in the trailer with Toby until we both were almost asleep. Must be this cold rainy weather. My energy level on cold rainy days is a fraction of what it is on sunny warm days.

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment