Friday, September 24, 2004

September 21, 2004

September 21, 2004

DAY 96

 

 

This morning I phoned the consignment shop in Ottawa that we had left with some articles for sale. I was very disappointed in what was and was not sold, and the net proceeds. Oh, well ! I spent the rest of the morning installing the North America map decals on the side of the trailer. These are decals outlining each state and province, with coloured decals for each state and province visited. The thin outline decals were difficult to apply. The solid colour decals I applied, indicating where we've been since starting out 3 months ago were Ontario, New York, Manitoba, North Dakota, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Illinois, Indiana, and Michigan.

Joanne spent the morning making a lot of phone calls to RV dealers in and around Toronto, trying to find a fridge exterior vent door to replace the one I broke. They were most unhelpful. They all must have taken their customer service training in Minneapolis ! Finally, she phoned the manufacturer and got a bit of information, then tried a dealer in Kingston, because we'll be there at the end of this week. The Kingston dealer was very helpful, although they didn't have the part, and ordering it in would take 3 weeks. In light of that, Joanne ordered it from the London dealer where we stopped for service last Saturday, since we should be somewhere in the vicinity of London 3 weeks from now.

This afternoon, I finally stopped procrastinating about the corporate GST remittance / return which is 2 months overdue. After completing and mailing the return, I decided I deserved to go fishing. I spent the balance of the afternoon sitting in a lawn chair at the edge of the reservoir, beer in 1 hand, newspaper in the other, reading the newspaper, watching planes on final approach to Pearson, and fishing for carp. Didn't catch any. Thank goodness ! What the hell would I do with carp from the Humber River in Toronto, except maybe string them up around the outside of the trailer as glow in the dark decorations ?

Since I had a newspaper for the first time in many weeks, I took the opportunity early this evening to check the stock market pages and update my investment portfolio files in the laptop. Finally ... a little bit of upward movement in the markets. It's been 5 weeks since I last updated my investments. Hail, Mary !

Tonight is the 2 hour finale of Amazing Race. WOO-HOO ! ! !

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment