Saturday, September 25, 2004

September 25, 2004

September 25, 2004

DAY 100

 

 

Started the day out slowly. Did some preventative maintenance. Fixed my belt. Shined my shoes. The brand new pair of shoes I started this journey with 100 days ago look like they've seen better days. A lot better ! I don't know how / why I'm so hard on shoes. Read some more of a book I started reading yesterday. I traded about a dozen books at the Escapees Spring Rally in June, and I've just begun to read the first one. Slowing down, and simplifying our lives, was a big part of what this lifestyle was supposed to be about. Taking some time to smell the roses, as it were. I should start soon !

We went over to visit Sep and Susanna Liang this afternoon. We were supposed to finalize plans to meet between Christmas and New Year's in Houston, then ring in the new year on the Gulf Of Mexico at Galveston, Texas. Sep's demanding work travel schedule won't permit that, so they'll postpone coming south until later in January or February. We'll meet them in New Mexico or Arizona. We'll have to figure that out later when Sep returns from his upcoming business trips to Baltimore, England, Hong Kong, Japan, and Curacao. We spent the afternoon and evening chatting about the past, the present, and the future, near and far. We went for dinner to a fine Greek restaurant, Mino's. Before and after dinner, we spent on their back deck, drinking too much fine wine, eating grapes and Brie, and smoking Sep's extremely fine cigars. Thank you, Sep.

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment