Sunday, May 21, 2006

May 20, 2006

May 20, 2006

Louisbourg, Cape Breton Island

YEAR 2 DAY 337

 

Today was cold and raining heavily.

We were planning to visit Fort Louisbourg today, but we cancelled that because of the weather. This morning Joanne finished her lengthy letter to Arley, her blind friend at C.A.R.E. in Texas. She had been working on it intermittently for about a week now. I trimmed my beard, and read a book. Bo refused to go outside in the rain. Joanne made him a raincoat out of a plastic shopping bag. He looked like some kind of an Alabama hurricane refugee. Wait a minute ! He is an Alabama hurricane refugee. HA HA HA !

As I was preparing to take my medications after lunch, Joanne commented that "you take more drugs now than you did as a teenager". HA HA HA HA HA ! Aging baby boomer perspective ! After lunch I went to the laundry room to get online with Wi-Fi and retrieve the MasterCard statements. Darn ! I used my U.S.$ MasterCard to buy diesel fuel in Canada. I was expecting a zero balance on the U.S.$ MasterCard. Screwed up again ! And, ironically, I suppose, it was for the last fuel purchase for Dee-Dee ! She just doesn't want to stop haunting me yet, does she ? ! ? I sent and retrieved e-mail, and updated my blog. I returned to the trailer, printed the MasterCard statements, and Joanne's letter. I wrote some e-mail. Joanne baked. I worked on today's journal entry, then reconciled the MasterCard statements. The AOL charge seemed unreasonably high this month. I got onto Wi-Fi and downloaded last month's AOL charges to review. Oh, yeah ... 2 weeks at Raccoon Valley in Tennessee, using the 10¢ per minute 1-800 access number.

We took Bo for an obedience session. He did fine, although he seemed a bit tentative and worried at the beginning. No doubt because he remembers what a bad dog he was on Thursday. Whenever he behaves badly, his self confidence suffers, and it affects his performance. Well, Bo, then don't be a bad dog ! Duh !

Just before supper I went to the campground store, bought a newspaper, and picked up a couple of movies to watch after supper. The campground offers 2 free movie rentals to campers. In Ottawa I bought a dehydrated vegetable snack mix, after my doctor was harping at me about salt intake. The snack mix wasn't very good as a snack. Joanne used it tonight in a soup / stew that she made for supper. The snack mix wasgreat as a soup base.

After supper we watched The Aviator, the life story of Howard Hughes. It was the perfect "date" movie for us. Aviation for me, and mental illness for her. HA HA HA !

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment