Thursday, May 25, 2006

May 25, 2006

May 25, 2006

Witless Bay, Newfoundland

YEAR 2 DAY 342

 

Today was sunny and cold. It was good to finally see the sun again.

Today was dedicated to errands. I repaired things, and Joanne cleaned. This morning I figured out what hardware and supplies I needed, then walked across the road and up the hill to Home Hardware. They didn't have the drawer slide hardware I need. They had regular household drawer slide hardware. The hardware used in RV's is different. It drops and locks the drawer in place when the drawer is closed. I guess I'll have to find an RV dealer in St. John's tomorrow. I bought some screws I needed, then went outside to their lumber yard and got some scrap wood strapping. I replaced some screws in the moulding on the lower front edge of the living room / dinette slide, then spent the rest of the morning and much of the afternoon working on fixing the broken shelf in the rear cupboard.

I paid the MasterCard bills by phone. I phoned our family doctor in Ottawa and made 2 appointments for June 16, for Joanne to discuss test results, and so that he can check my blood pressure. I phoned my gastroenterologist to discuss the results of my colonoscopy biopsies. He did not return my call. That doesn't surprise me. He's a jerk ! I suppose I'm going to have to ask our family doctor's nurse to obtain the results for me from him. I phoned both our sisters to chat. Neither was home. I took Bo for an obedience session. He did well. Joanne went to do some laundry. I lied down on a heating pad for awhile, because I have a backache. I rarely get backaches. I'm a little paranoid about backaches, since the last one I had ended up being caused by such severe colon inflammation that my colon was blocked. I ended up in the hospital in Kenora for 3 days. A nap on the heating pad did not diminish the backache, so my concern / paranoia increased !

I did today's accounting and worked on today's journal entry while Joanne prepared supper. After supper I got online through the cell phone, sent and retrieved e-mail, and updated my blog. I rarely use the cell phone to get online. It's too slow !

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment