Friday, May 5, 2006

May 3, 2006

May 3, 2006

Ottawa, Ontario

YEAR 2 DAY 320

 

Today was sunny and mild.

This morning after regular morning chores and preventive maintenance, I took Bo for an obedience walk, followed by another short off leash romp. Good dog, Bo. Around 10:00 A.M. we left for the first of our medical appointments, a mammogram for Joanne at Orleans Imaging. We were a bit early for the appointment, so we drove to Place d'Orleans, to make a deposit at the Bank Of Montreal. At Orleans Imaging I stayed in the truck while Joanne went in for the mammogram. I studied Lanoire's owner's manual, learning about the overhead console's trip computer functions. Wow ! When Joanne was finished, we drove to PET VALU 92, the first store we owned, to visit. The owner, Irena, whom we call Irena 92, because we sold PET VALU 92 and PET VALU 234 to women named Irena, was not there. The store looked good. We recognized the woman working in the store. She was the first employee Irena 92 hired when we sold her the store in August of 2003, so it was good to see that she obviously can retain employees. The first week she owned the store, 2 kittens were dumped on the store. HA HA HA ... we warned her about that occupational hazard, but she fell victim to it within the first week. Mickey and Midnight are now very large, very spoiled, store resident cats.

After browsing around PET VALU 92 briefly, we drove to our next medical appointment, Joanne's gynaecologist at Appletree Medical Centre. While Joanne went in to see Dr. Harrison, I walked across the street and did some truck accessory shopping at Canadian Tire. While walking across the Canadian Tire parking lot, I found a Platinum American Express card. I was going to phone American Express and advise them that I found a lost card, but I took Joanne's advice instead, and just cut it up into shreds. After my shopping, and Joanne’s examination, we drove to Southbank Dodge, to see about getting the correct owner’s manual, and maintenance / warranty manual. They had to order them. I’ll pick them up on Friday, hopefully. I bought a small bottle of touch up paint. I couldn’t find the correct Chrysler black touch up paint at Canadian Tire, so I got it at the Dodge dealer.

We drove back to the trailer at Camp Hither Hills and had a very late lunch. I napped. Joanne cleaned the inside top edge of the living room / dinette slide. I discovered a couple of weeks ago that an inch or two of the inside top edge of the slide is always under the rubber gasket, and gets very dirty. The only way to clean it is to retract the slide inwards towards the travel position, but only about a foot or so, then climb up on a chair and clean over the top edge from inside. After I napped we went outside to do some work. I hitched Lanoire to Harvey, and we measured the overall hitched length. Then we made decals for the dash board, for length, height, and width of the truck and trailer combined. Obviously we need to know height, for bridges and overhangs, etc., but we also need to know length, and sometimes width, for ferries. I repaired a folding lawn chair that popped a rivet. I applied some reflective tape that I bought today, to the top of the truck’s tool storage chest, as a reference point for backing up and lining up the truck hitch with the trailer hitch pin.

By the time we were finished with all that, it was too late to go and do some specialty shopping we had been planning to do this afternoon. We came inside, Joanne began preparing supper, and I began working on today’s journal entry and accounting. We had supper, then watched Amazing Race. While Joanne went to shower, I began to work on the batches of mail picked up at the Dickinson's on Monday. These batches are 2 months worth of mail, so there is a lot of work to be done.

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment