Friday, May 5, 2006

May 4, 2006

May 4, 2006

Ottawa, Ontario

YEAR 2 DAY 321

 

Today was mostly sunny and warm, with rain briefly in the afternoon.

This morning we got up early. Our first medical appointment was at 8:30 A.M.. I got a physical examination, old prescriptions renewed, new prescriptions, and a wart burned off my hand. Ouch ! At 9:15 A.M. Joanne had a physical examination. From Dr. Anderson's office we headed directly to a nearby medical lab for blood and urine tests. We drove to the office of my accountant, and picked up some documents that were waiting for us. We went into Canadian Tire looking for something, but they didn't have what I wanted. We drove across the city, to PET VALU 234, the last store we owned.

We visited with Iryna, the owner, and Barry, our employee that Iryna kept. The store continues to do exceptionally well. Iryna has built a small grooming room at the back of the store, and added a groomer to the business. It seems like a good addition to the business. We bought cat food. We admired the store's resident pets, a budgie, a cockatiel, and 3 finches. We're fond of budgies and cockatiels, both species with large enough brains to have a personality. Finches are about as intelligent and interactive as pet rocks. We walked through Westgate Mall to see what changes have taken place since we last saw it almost 2 years ago.

We drove back across the city again, to shop at the South Keys mall. First we shopped at Wal-Mart. I discussed all my prescriptions with the pharmacist, and left them for filling. Sheesh ... the bill will be over $1200.00 ! By the time we were finished our shopping at Wal-Mart we decided we should return to Camp Hither Hills and have lunch, then return for more shopping later. We had lunch. I napped. We returned to South Keys. I bought beer at The Beer Store. We shopped at Bulk Barn. We bought a lot ! The concept of bulk stores doesn't seem to exist in the United States. We shopped at Loblaws. Bought a lot again ! We ran our food and supplies down a bit to facilitate crossing the border recently. Gee ... I guess that was already 2 weeks ago. Before leaving the mall parking lot, I drove slowly around in circles in the mall parking lot, calibrating the truck's overhead console compass function.

Back at the trailer, while Joanne put away our grocery purchases, I did Thursday's preventive maintenance, which I did not have time to do this morning before going to our doctor's appointments. Then I took Bo for an obedience training session. As is now the norm, I finished with an off leash play session. Good, good dog, Bo. What a lot of progress from a year ago, when he escaped in a provincial park full of bunnies, in Saskatchewan, and we had a lot of difficulty recapturing him.

We had dinner. I did today's accounting. Just before it got dark, we went for a walk. I'm enjoying the longer days. It's now light outside until 8:30 P.M.. While Joanne washed dishes, I worked on today's journal entry.

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment