Saturday, May 13, 2006

May 9, 2006

May 9, 2006

Ottawa, Ontario

YEAR 2 DAY 326

 

Today was sunny and warm.

Joanne was ill last night, during the night, and most of today. It didn't seem to be a food related problem. More of a stomach flu type problem.

First thing this morning I telefiled our corporate GST quarterly filing. Five minutes of punching " 0 * " into the phone. All fields were "zeroes". Then I removed the 2 dually valve extenders that seem to be leaking, and replaced them with my last 2 spare valve extenders. I hope that solves the problem. I will monitor the tire pressures closely. I drove out of the campground, to the service station next door, and adjusted the pressures in the 2 rear tires that were low. I drove the 100 feet or so to the service station, and back to the campground, on the shoulder of the road. At that time, I was still illegal to drive, having been sedated less than 24 hours earlier. I realized that I was missing my yellow pair of clip on sunglasses. The last time I remember having them was at the Dickinson's on Friday evening. I phoned Erbon and verified that I had indeed left them there.

We had lunch. We drove to the Dickinson's. I picked up my sunglasses, and used their phone line to get online, send and retrieve e-mail, and update my blog. I had Erbon cut a couple of pieces of scrap wood for me that I needed for a project. Thank you, Erbon. While I was chatting with Erbon about Class B Van Conversions, Joanne handled a call from Guide Dogs Of The Desert. They were phoning to schedule a phone interview later in the day, and wanted to fax us some documents to review before the phone interview. We left the Dickinson's, and drove to South Keys, where there is a Staples. We went inside, got their fax number, phoned Guide Dogs Of The Desert, and gave them the Staples fax number. In a minute or two, we received the fax. We drove to Herongate Mall, where Joanne wanted to buy a particular favourite cosmetic. We drove to Southgate Mall where she bought something she wanted at Kardish Health Foods. On the way back to Camp Hither Hills we filled up Lanoire with diesel, so we can depart tomorrow morning with a full tank.

I used the pieces of scrap wood that Erbon cut for me to prop up the rear edge of a new cutlery tray that we recently bought, that is a tiny bit too short for our cutlery drawer. Joanne handled the long telephone interview with Guide Dogs Of The Desert, since I had already spoken to them a couple of times. I took Bo out for an obedience walk. By the end of the hour long telephone interview with 2 people at Guide Dogs Of The Desert, Joanne had succeeded in obtaining us a winter job. WOO-HOO ! ! ! I'm very pleased and excited. Joanne is less so, but she's always pessimistic and lacking enthusiasm about our WorkCamper jobs until they begin.

We will be working as resident dormitory managers at a guide dog training school in Southern California, for January, February, and March. We will actually be "working" for January and March. February is a freebie, so to speak.

I did some minor paint touch ups on a couple of scratches I have found on Lanoire. I wrote some e-mails. We had supper. Ahhhhh ... first perogy meal since last fall. I did today's accounting. I worked on today's journal entry. Joanne did trip planning.

Newfoundland, here we come !

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment