Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Epilogue

Epilogue

June 18, 2006

Second Anniversary of full time RV living and travelling

 

Well ... here we are. Two years on the road. Over 72,000 km. / 45,000 miles !

I am grateful for having reached this milestone. There were times, 4 and 5 years ago, while Joanne was battling cancer, and we were dreaming and planning this 2 year travel adventure, that it was uncertain whether she would survive long enough to achieve this dream. During those 2 long ordeals I promised her that together we would fight that evil, she would survive, and we would do this travel adventure ... together. Congratulations, my love.

It was our intention when we started this journey on June 18, 2004, to travel for 2 years. We were uncertain what would follow. We have now decided not to stop travelling, and to continue this RV lifestyle for awhile yet. At least another year.

Some changes are in order, though. We travelled an immense amount of miles in the last 2 years. We wanted to see as much of North America as we could. And we saw a lot of it ! We will continue the RV lifestyle, but will slow down a bit ... perhaps a lot. Less miles, more time in any given place. Our expenditures for fuel must be reduced. Big time ! We'll take advantage of RV parks' weekly or monthly rates, instead of always paying the more expensive daily rate. Perhaps we'll WorkCamp more.

Which brings me to my daily journal, and its posting to my blog. When we started I made a commitment to myself to record a detailed daily diary of our 2 year travel adventure. That evolved into a commitment to myself and others to publish those daily journal entries on an online blog. Now it's time to review and perhaps revise that process. I could continue exactly as I have been, although I'm disinclined to do that, I think. I could continue writing, and posting a daily journal entry, but a shorter version, with less detail. I could write and post a short weekly summary of highlights only. I could discontinue altogether.

I have an audience that has "travelled" vicariously with us, on a daily basis, since the beginning, like "having lunch" with Dan & Joanne. I have an audience that checks in on us once in awhile. I had an audience that has long ago lost interest. I have an audience that has joined us en route. I have an audience that has been inspired to consider buying an RV and travelling as a result of reading my blog. I have an audience that has been inspired to lock the doors, draw the shades, and wrap themselves in their cocoon. I have an audience that "gets it", and an audience that doesn't.

And so, I ask my "audience" for feedback, for guidance in how to continue. You can send me an e-mail to "dkirby9152@aol.com". Even better, you can take advantage of my AOL blog's ability to have readers post their comments to me. I want to know how large my audience is. I want to know what you like. I want to know what you dislike. What am I doing right ? What am I doing wrong ? What should I do from here forward ?

Thank you for reading my journal.

And the journey continues !

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment