Wednesday, June 21, 2006

June 16, 2006

June 16, 2006

Ottawa, Ontario

YEAR 2 DAY 364

 

Today was sunny and very warm. And humid, as Ottawa typically is during the summer.

This morning after regular morning chores and routines, we headed for Dr. Anderson's office. Our appointments were for 11:15 and 11:30 A.M., the last 2 patients of the day. Dr. Anderson doesn't work Friday afternoons. When we arrived at his office, his stunned as me arse receptionist was surprised to see us. She said we did not have appointments for today. Oh, yes, sweetheart, we most certainly do ! We resolved that quickly ! Dr. Anderson checked my blood pressure again, gave me a lecture about losing weight and cutting down on my salt intake ( blah blah blah ), then I had him burn a lesion off my face. This wart, or whatever it was, was really bugging me ! Joanne reviewed the results of all her cancer screening tests with him, and he gave her a lecture about cholesterol ( blah blah blah ).

We shopped at Canadian Tire, then Home Depot, then stopped at 2 RV dealers looking for the cutlery drawer locking track / slide hardware. Neither dealer had what I needed. Shopping for this cutlery drawer hardware is becoming tedious. We returned to the trailer for a late lunch. After lunch I did a bit of minor maintenance, and some planning. We left around 4:00 P.M. to buy a few items at Wal-Mart before heading to the Dickinson's for dinner. We visited for awhile before dinner. I drank 2 beers relatively quickly. While Erbon and Lorraine worked on preparing supper, Joanne went to their basement to do a load of laundry, and I went upstairs to their home office to get online, send and retrieve e-mail, update my blog, and retrieve updated investment data.

!+@_#)$(%*^&!+@_#)$(%*^& ! ! ! ! !

I was impaired enough by 2 quick beers that I accidentally deleted yesterday's journal entry while I was attempting to copy it over to my online blog. I've never lost a day's journal entry before. It was a page and a half, of a busy, active day. I'm angry at myself. And late tonight, I have neither the energy nor the time to recreate it. DAMN DAMN DAMN ! ! !

We had a lovely dinner, as we always do at the Dickinson's. We chatted long into the evening about travel adventures. We returned to the trailer around 11:00 P.M.. I did today's journal entry and accounting. Let's hope that this entry makes it to the blog before I hit the delete key !

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment