Monday, June 26, 2006

June 25, 2006

June 25, 2006

Woodstock through Toronto back to Frankford, Ontario

YEAR 3 DAY 8

 

Today was sunny and very warm.

I felt pretty ill this morning. I'm battling another colitis flare-up that started a few days ago.

This morning before preparing for departure I phoned both our sisters, for our monthly chat.

We left Braemar Valley Park, and drove south to and through the pretty little town of Woodstock. We turned east on Hwy. 401. We stopped at an RV dealer just before Cambridge, and I finally found the water heater electrical switch I needed. No cutlery drawer track hardware, though. We stopped at a huge shopping mall complex in Cambridge. We shopped at Wal-Mart, Future Shop, and Canadian Tire before having lunch in the parking lot.

After lunch we continued east on Hwy. 401, driving through Toronto again < sigh >. It could have been worse. We could have tried to cross Toronto on Friday afternoon after the Escapees Rally. Once we were through Toronto Joanne drove for awhile.

We found our way to Iroquois Trail Campsite, at Frankford, a bit north of Belleville and Trenton. We set up in a campsite, then I worked on installing the new water heater electrical switch. I had a bit of difficulty, but it could have been worse.

We had supper, then went for a long walk with Bo, down to the Trent-Severn Waterway across the road from the campground. While Joanne washed dishes, I did today's accounting and journal entry, working outside at the picnic table. It was a lovely, calm, warm evening.

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment