Monday, June 26, 2006

June 24, 2006

June 24, 2006

Woodstock, Ontario

YEAR 3 DAY 7

 

Today was sunny and very warm.

Today was a slow day of projects and socializing. I installed wheel well mouldings on the truck. I finished the resealing project underneath the rear of the trailer. I worked on figuring out why our TV antenna hasn't seemed to be working properly since the big hail storm in Tennessee. I got up on the roof and inspected the antenna and cable connections ... again. This is the second time I've done that, and I can't find anything wrong up on the roof. I fiddled around with the cables behind the TV and the VCR. I think the cable wall outlet is likely the problem. I'm going to replace the cable wall outlet, the cable from the wall to the VCR, and the cable from the VCR to the TV.

Today was this park's garage sale day, so most residents were outside today, selling, buying, and visiting. Joanne walked around looking at stuff, and bought herself a shirt. We got about half a dozen invitations to today's social hour at 5:00 P.M., followed by a barbecue supper at 6:00 P.M.. Many people wandered into our site to visit with us, Bo, and Teddy. I was offered and accepted an invitation to see the inside of a "park model" mobile / modular home. There's nothing "mobile" about them ! I was surprised at how large it seemed inside.

We attended social hour and the barbecue. It was a good meal, with friendly people. We chatted with quite a few people today. Everybody who lives here is happy to be living here. They're all friendly. They're all satisfied with the owners of the park. The park is well maintained. We're going to consider returning to this place for an extended stay.

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment