Friday, May 13, 2005

May 10, 2005

May 10, 2005

Moose Jaw to Moosomin, Saskatchewan

DAY 327

 

Today was sunny, but cold. The strong north wind blowing this morning was frigid ! It made this morning in Moose Jaw colder than anything we experienced in January in Texas !

With freezing hands, I did the regular preventive maintenance, then began preparing Harvey for departure. Getting my hands wet while refilling the fresh water and dumping the holding tanks was misery ! As we were pulling out of Prairie Oasis Campground, the phone rang. It was MasterCard phoning ( again ) to ask some questions about my application for a U.S. $ MasterCard. They also phoned yesterday. How many days in a row are they going to phone ? How many MasterCard employees does it take to process one application ? I shouldn't be surprised. I already knew that most bureaucracies of any kind have difficulty understanding and / or accommodating the affluent homeless. We headed east on Hwy. 1, as usual. We stopped in Regina to fill up with diesel, and to shop at Village RV. I wanted to see if they had two RV accessories I want. They didn't. In a parking lot adjacent to the service station where I filled up with diesel, I wanted to check out a potential problem under the truck. I discovered evidence of a fluid leak on the inside of the curb side inside rear tire. I think it might be a leaking brake line. While crawling under the truck, with the engine running, and Joanne in the driver's seat, I nearly had an accident / serious injury. It was a close call ! It left both of us quite upset for most of the rest of the day.

We stopped at Indian Head for lunch. We drove through to Moosomin where we stopped for the night at Fieldstone RV Park which is now privately owned, but used to be a Provincial Park. WOW ... what a great business coup. Buying a park that the province spends millions of taxpayer dollars developing, then decides that they don't want it any longer for whatever reason. We parked in our site, then took Bo for an obedience training walk. For the first time in a very long time, he did abysmally ! Prairie dogs, rabbits, snakes in the grass ... Terrier heaven. He couldn't focus. We gave up on training, and just went for a long leisurely walk. When we returned to the trailer, I found a wood tick on me. Later, while watching Amazing Race, I found 3 wood ticks on Bo. Uh-oh !

I went into the pass through storage compartment to get the computer printer. I discovered that the floor of the pass through storage compartment was wet. I think the city water inlet that I installed the other day must be leaking down into the wall, and then under the carpet of the storage compartment. < huge sigh > I'll try to identify and solve the problem tomorrow morning. I've got to admit that I'm getting discouraged by all the maintenance and repair chores that this lifestyle demands.

Our spirits are low tonight.

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment