Tuesday, May 31, 2005

May 28, 2005

May 28, 2005

West Hawk Lake day 11 of 113

DAY 345

 

Today started out cloudy and cool, but warmed up considerably in the afternoon when the sun began to shine.

This morning we took Bo out to play with two Leon Berger dogs belonging to one of the park staff. The older one is 22 months old, and the pup is 14 weeks old. The pup is twice the size of Bo, and weighs over 30 pounds. The older dog is the size of a pony ! They both have very nice temperaments. They are a giant breed of dog, and Bo seemed a bit overwhelmed at the older one's size, despite the fact the he would roll over onto his back and submit to Bo. I spent the morning working on the interior step from the living room up to the bathroom. The step was loose. I had to measure very carefully, and drive screws into the back of the step, from inside the pass through storage compartment. It was rather difficult to squeeze myself into the storage compartment, and work in there.

We had lunch, then I took a nap. Courtney and Joe came over. We had filled out some forms and a contract that Courtney came by to pick up, and we had a form that had to be filled out with her. We took Bo for an obedience training session. He's almost back to where he was before Saskatchewan. Once we stayed at the park in Saskatchewan with all the rabbits, and then again at my sister's yard filled with rabbits and mice, he regressed a great deal in terms of obedience and behaviour. We cleaned litter out of half of loop A. We’re not responsible for cleaning litter, but I really hate litter in a campground setting. Actually, as I type this, I realize I hate litter anywhere ! I walked around the entire campground, doing my job, which consists of meeting, greeting, and assisting campers. The campground host's responsibilities are akin to being a campground ambassador. We like it. It's certainly not hard work. It beats inventorying endless containers of chemicals of all sorts, like I did at C.A.R.E in Livingston, Texas in January. We cleaned and waxed another section of the trailer. I worked some more on the fibreglass repair I'm doing to the dually hip where the mud flap ripped out. I filed the first application of fibreglass I applied the other day. I thought one application would be enough, but after filing I realized that 2 or 3 applications will be necessary. I did the second application today.

I sat at the picnic table and watched two deer grazing for quite awhile. It's lovely to be in this kind of environment, with deer as daily visitors. We barbecued for supper. After supper, we had an arranged "date" watching a movie. It's been a long time since we've had a "date", and an even longer time since we've had a "date" with a dog cuddled between us on the couch.

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment