Saturday, May 14, 2005

May 13, 2005

May 13, 2005

Lorette, Manitoba

DAY 330

 

Today was cloudy and cool.

Bo is behaving very badly. I'm angry and disappointed. He's unresponsive to commands that he has mastered long ago. He's unruly around Sharon and Bud. He's unruly in their house.

This morning I finished assembling the large waste tote, then hauled it up onto the roof of the trailer to see if it can be stored up there, tied down to the rail around the back of the trailer roof. It can. I need to buy some bungee cords for it. I took the truck to Dawson Servicentre in Lorette at noon. I had a service appointment at noon. They can't look at it until Monday ! I said I would bring it back Sunday night or Monday morning. There's no sense being without the truck for the entire weekend if they're not even going to start looking at it until Monday. Bud was with me because he was going to drive me back. When we got back to Danelak's, Joanne had made lunch, so Bud joined us in the trailer for lunch. I found another wood tick embedded into the top of Bo's head. After lunch, I worked on the truck batteries. The curb side / main truck battery has been boiling the last couple of days. Today it was boiling after just a short trip into Lorette and back. I removed the battery in anticipation of replacing it tomorrow. I was going to relocate the street side battery to the curb side, but I decided to clean the curb side battery tray first. It was so badly corroded that I broke 2 of the 5 bolts holding it in place. I removed the tray, cleaned it, and reinstalled it with only 3 of the 5 bolts. I'll have to buy a new tray and bolts very soon. I installed the battery from the street side over to the curb side. Everything was fine with that battery. I bought it in Potosi, Missouri in November, so it's almost new. I put the bad battery into the back of the truck. The sides of it are bulging outward, and the electrolyte inside has boiled away enough to expose the plates. It's a Canadian Tire battery with a manufacturing date of August 2001, with a 3 year total replacement / 8 year adjustment warranty. I'll go to Canadian Tire tomorrow and see if they will honour the warranty even though the battery was in the truck when I bought it, and consequently I don't have the original bill of sale for the battery. I cleaned up, then went into the Danelak's house to get online, retrieve e-mail, and update my blog.

When Sharon returned home from work, Bud and Sharon treated us to a wonderful roast beef dinner. After dinner, I spent the evening showing them photos of our travels, from September to February. We'll resume with March photos, perhaps on Sunday evening. We also listened to some of the music albums we bought on our travels, specifically a Zydeco album from Louisiana and a Native Blues album from the Sunshine Coast of B.C..

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment