Friday, May 13, 2005

May 11, 2005

May 11, 2005

Moosomin, Saskatchewan to Brandon, Manitoba

DAY 328

 

Today was sunny but cold. It's hard to accept that the forecast calls for snow tomorrow and / or Friday !

This morning Bo escaped out the door of the trailer. His behaviour was appalling ! He ran around the forest for about 15 minutes ignoring our commands and pleas. BAD, BAD DOG ! ! ! He ran around the forest, nose down, sniffing, oblivious to us ! Bad, bad dog ! His obedience training session this afternoon was back to basics, and very firm. I'm angry, and disappointed in him. Surround him with some rabbits, and he becomes wild !

This morning I removed and reinstalled the city water inlet AGAIN, cleaning off the pipe thread sealant I used, and sealing the threads with Teflon tape this time instead. I sure hope that stops the leaking into the wall. The carpet on the floor of the pass through storage compartment is soaked underneath a couple of large Rubbermaid totes I have in there. When we get to Winnipeg / Lorette, I'll remove the totes and leave the storage compartment door open for a few days to give it a chance to dry out in there. I crawled underneath the truck to investigate the fluid that has leaked onto the inside of the curb side rear tire. Yesterday I thought it might be a leaking brake line. Today I think it might be a leaking differential seal. I phoned my sister Sharon to let her know we will be arriving in her driveway tomorrow afternoon, and to ask her to make an appointment for me to take the truck in for service on Friday.

We left Fieldstone Campground late this morning, stopping in Moosomin to fill up with diesel before heading east on Hwy. 1. We passed from Saskatchewan into Manitoba. We stopped at the Manitoba Travel Information Centre, which is closed until Victoria Day, and had lunch in their parking lot. Does the Province Of Manitoba think that people only cross into Manitoba between Victoria Day and Labour Day ? ! I had to reset all clocks and watches today after crossing from Saskatchewan into Manitoba. Both provinces are in the Central Time Zone, but Saskatchewan doesn't observe Daylight Saving Time. Saskatchewan is on the same time as Alberta in the summer, and Manitoba in the winter. We stopped in Virden to buy some groceries, then as we were about to enter the highway again, on impulse I stopped at Four Seasons RV, a very large RV dealer. I was still looking for a 32 gallon waste tote, in stock, at a good price. We will need one for our summer job at West Hawk Lake. Our assigned site doesn't have a sewer connection, and I don't want to be moving the trailer every few days to the dump station. Four Seasons RV had what I wanted in stock, and at a good price. I negotiated an even better price. Old habits die hard !

We stopped for the night at Meadowlark Campground in Brandon. We walked Bo, working him hard, and firmly, bringing him back to an understanding about who is Alpha Dog, and who isn't ! Joanne made my favourite spaghetti recipe for supper. I did a bit of computer work, and we watched a bit of TV. Joanne did some laundry, washing the pants and jacket that I spilled Lucas diesel additive on while I was filling up with diesel this morning. While eating supper, I felt an itch on the side of my neck, and when I scratched it ... YIKES ! A wood tick embedded in the side of my neck. I haven’t had to deal with wood ticks since 1987, the last summer we spent in Manitoba before moving to Ottawa.

I need to figure out where to store this huge 32 gallon waste tote.

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment