Monday, May 9, 2005

May 9, 2005

May 9, 2005

Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan

DAY 326

 

Today was sunny and warm.

We decided to stay here today and do chores. This morning I did regular preventive maintenance, then went to the motel office to pay for another night. I phoned the township of Herbert to get information on their serviced town lots for $1.00. Yeah ... it's true ! 50 ft. x 100 ft. lots with hydro, water, sewer, and gas, for $1.00. The only catch is that a home must be constructed on the site within a year. An RV port is not acceptable to them. Too bad. I took the laptop to the motel office, and plugged into their modem access phone jack at a desk in the lobby. It turned out to be an error in judgement. There was no Moose Jaw local AOL access phone number, so I used the 10 ¢ a minute 800 number. After being online for about an hour, with a very slow connection, and being bumped off a couple of times, I realized this was costing me more than the Wi-Fi service available in this campground. Talk about a brain fart ! Disgusted with myself, I signed off and went back to the trailer and connected through Wi-Fi. Once on Wi-Fi I retrieved e-mail, updated my blog, and retrieved updated investment data.

This afternoon I paid the Pensionable and Insurable Earnings / Canada Pension Plan shortfall owed by Misty Ventures & Developments. I did some business accounting. I did some maintenance work, installing the hardware I bought yesterday. I did some minor repair to the trailer's 30 amp power cord. We took Bo for an obedience training session, then gave him a bath.

Joanne did a lot of laundry, and vacuuming.

I barbecued supper, then brushed Bo while we watched a bit of TV. He sure is gorgeous after a bath.

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment