Tuesday, May 17, 2005

May 16, 2005

May 16, 2005

Lorette, Manitoba

DAY 333

 

Today was sunny and warm. It was a really nice prairie spring day.

This morning after showering I phoned a local GM dealer to order a new battery tray for the truck. The existing one is corroded, and I think it would be wise to replace it. I received a phone call from the owner of a mobile, upscale coffee business on Vancouver Island, near Victoria. We saw the business as we drove up island from Victoria a month ago. We're sort of interested in the business concept. It's like Starbucks on wheels. I had taken some pictures, and left my name and phone number, with a request for the owner to call me. I found the two dinette chairs we left in storage here at Danelak's last summer, and returned them to the trailer. Joanne wants to have all four dinette chairs in the trailer for at least this summer while we're at West Hawk Lake. I took Bo for obedience training. He's still doing a little poorly, having regressed lately. We applied flea treatments to both Teddy and Bo, and administered Bo's heartworm medication. I just tell Bo it's a dog biscuit, and he scarfs the pill down. Stupid dog. I phoned Dawson Servicentre to check on the truck. They had diagnosed the problem and already had it fixed. It was a leaking rear axle seal. They replaced it, and cleaned the leaked / sprayed axle grease from the rear brakes. As soon as Bud was home, shortly after lunch, he drove me into town to pick up the truck. After paying the truck repair bill I went to the auto body shop behind the service station, and asked for an estimate on having the passenger side door repaired or realigned, or whatever would make it close easier. They gave me an estimate on having the hinge pins and bushings replaced, and in the meantime, did a "quick and dirty" body shop trick door realignment at no charge. When I got back to Danelak's, I washed the truck. By then it was late afternoon, and I decided Bud and I should retire to his new gazebo and have a brew. Bud had been working on spring yard work all afternoon. We sat in the gazebo, and each had a couple of beers. Joanne was in the trailer preparing supper for all. By the time Sharon returned from work, Joanne had supper ready. We had one of my favourite dishes, a wild rice and sausage casserole. We had supper early, as Bud had to go to Tae-Kwon-Do. I read the paper while Joanne and Sharon cleaned up after supper, then I brought Bo into the house for a bit of a visit. Andrea came home with her new boyfriend, Kevin. It was the first time Joanne and I met Kevin. I returned to the trailer, and worked on today's accounting and journal, waiting for Bud to return. When Bud returned home, I showed them the rest of our travel photos, then we sat around and chatted until late into the evening.

Hey ... the Northern Lights are out dancing again tonight !

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment