Friday, May 27, 2005

May 22, 2005

May 22, 2005

West Hawk Lake day 5 of 113

DAY 339

 

Today was sunny and warm, until evening, when it began to rain heavily again.

Today was another fairly lazy day. This morning after showering, I made myself a cup of coffee, and wandered around the campground, chatting with various staff. I chatted with the office staff about good fishing locations, here at West Hawk and a few miles away at Star Lake. We still haven't met with Courtney. One of the reasons I'm anxious to talk to her is to ask if there is somewhere that I can have access to a phone line, for modem access. The cell signal I receive here is analog only, preventing me from using the cell phone to connect to the internet.

This afternoon I puttered around with some minor maintenance chores, then washed and waxed a small section of the trailer. While in Winnipeg I bought a new bug and tar remover with wax. It works like a waterless wash and wax. I've decided to tackle a small section of the trailer on a daily basis, and clean all of it over about a 2 week period, on a repetitive, constant basis. The previous method I've employed isn't working well. Every 2 to 3 months, when the trailer is so grimy that it's grey instead of white, and the front is black with bugs, we wash it top to bottom. It's hard to find places that will allow washing of the trailer, and doing the entire trailer all at once is a huge job. I see most other RV'ers cleaning small sections of their rigs on a daily basis, and I'm going to give that a try.

We barbecued burgers for supper, the first time we've barbecued since arriving here at West Hawk. We're taking Bo for frequent walks. This is a nice place, and we all like it.

I am, however, a little disgusted with finding that every time I go to the bathroom, the urinals and toilets are not flushed. Joanne says it's the same thing in the women's bathroom. I guess if this generation of young adults doesn't have their mommies along to hold their weenies, wipe their asses, and flush the urinals and toilets for them, it's not going to happen !

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment