Monday, May 9, 2005

May 6, 2005

May 6, 2005

Taber to Dunmore, Alberta

DAY 323

 

Today was sunny and very warm.

I started the morning with regular preventive maintenance, then climbed up on the roof of the trailer to do a thorough examination of the edges. I found 2 more spots with some cracking that need to be repaired. I'll get to that within the next few days. We prepared the trailer for departure, then drove over to the trailer dumping station in the campground. We refilled the fresh water tank, and dumped the waste water holding tanks. That set us up for at least a couple of days of not requiring serviced campsites.

We headed east on Hwy. 3 towards Medicine Hat. We stopped at a small sausage maker in the town of Seven Persons, and bought some fresh sausages. Just as we approached Medicine Hat, we stopped at Bruce's RV Parts & Service. My list of repair parts required has grown in the last few days. I wanted to try to buy as many of the repair parts as I can get while we're still in Alberta, where there's no Provincial Sales Tax. I bought 2 of the 7 items I require. We continued into Medicine Hat, turning onto Hwy. 1. We stopped at the Tourist Information Centre. Joanne went in and got directions to 3 more RV dealers nearby while I walked Bo, then Teddy. We ate lunch in the parking lot of the Tourist Information Centre. Then we drove in the wrong direction, 10 km. west on Hwy. 1 to Redcliff, to Holiday RV. They had none of the 5 parts I still required. We drove back east on Hwy. 1, back through Medicine Hat, stopping at Cactus RV. They were very helpful and had 2 of the parts I required. Four down, three to go. We stopped at Wal-Mart, and while Joanne went in to do some shopping, I worked on RV repairs in the parking lot. When she was finished shopping, we filled up with diesel, and headed out, east again on Hwy. 1. About 10 km. out of town, we stopped at Sterling Trailer Sales. They had none of the remaining 3 items I still require. We continued east on Hwy. 1 another 10 km. to Dunmore where we stopped for the night at Cavan Lake Campground, a small unserviced campground operated by the municipality. We shoe horned into one of the little sites, then took Bo for an obedience training walk. I barbecued some of those nice fresh sausages I bought earlier today. We might stay here tomorrow, and I'll spend the day repairing things while Joanne continues cleaning the dust created by travelling on that gravel road yesterday.

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment