Saturday, February 18, 2006

February 17, 2006

February 17, 2006

Rainbow's End SKP Park, Livingston, Texas

YEAR 2 DAY 245

 

Today was cloudy and cool. It rained a bit over night, although I personally have not seen any rain since early November in Oregon.

I got up early this morning, gave Teddy his pill and fed him, walked Bo, then went back to sleep for a couple more hours. After regular morning chores and routines we headed for Livingston. We stopped at the Post Office to pick up a batch of our mail sent by Sharon before she left on their family vacation to Cuba. The batch of mail had not yet arrived at General Delivery in Livingston < sigh >. We'll check again tomorrow morning. If it's not there tomorrow morning, we'll have to delay our planned departure from here on Sunday, to wait for the arrival of our mail. We had problems receiving our forwarded mail in Livingston last year as well. Our December, 2004 batch of mail was lost, and never found. From the Post Office we went to Wal-Mart, for a groceries and supplies major replenishment. It was a long, expensive shopping trip.

When we got back to Rainbow's End, we unloaded today's purchases, and had a very late lunch. I read for awhile, finally finishing another one of Tom Clancy's long, convoluted, suspense adventure novels. I took Bo for an obedience walk. Joanne went to today's social hour. I gathered some items we no longer need and took them to Rainbow's End's bargain table. Items that I've replaced in the trailer. The dinette light fixture, the light fixture over my computer desk, the faucets fixture from the shower. Joanne went from social hour over to CARE to visit Arley. I prepared for my magic show.

At 6:00 P.M I headed for the CARE Centre, to perform my magic show. The audience was small, and subdued. Everybody at the CARE Centre seems upset by an incident earlier this week, when a long term participant / resident was "evicted". I performed the three new magic tricks Joanne bought me for Christmas, including the most difficult one, a levitation illusion. It was my first performance of the levitation illusion, and I performed it well. The CARE participant / resident who had invited me to present a "slide show" 2 nights ago, and perform a magic show tonight, was Kitty Haire. She invited her 13 year old grandson, Trent, to my magic show tonight, because he is a fan of magic. Last year, I taught him a magic trick. I agreed to teach him another one this year. After my magic show, I took Trent into a back room, and taught him a new magic trick, one that I performed tonight. It would have been nice to have a more enthusiastic audience, but ... oh, well. I'm pleased that I pulled off the levitation illusion.

We returned to the trailer, Joanne prepared supper, and I did today's accounting. We had Jambalaya for supper tonight. We're close enough to Louisiana that Cajun specialties are available in the local grocery stores. After supper we watched the Olympics, and I did today's journal entry. Bo seems a little ill today, probably due to yesterday's vaccinations.

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment