Friday, February 3, 2006

February 2, 2006

February 2, 2006

La Feria, Texas

YEAR 2 DAY 230

 

Today was sunny and hot. Today's high was 94 degrees !

This morning Teddy woke me up to be fed, and Bo woke me up to be walked. I gave Teddy his morning pill, fed him, walked Bo, and went back to bed for a couple more hours.

MMMMM ! The farmer the other evening was right. The Rio Ruby grapefruit grown here in "The Valley" is indeed the best grapefruit grown. It's too bad, as he stated, that Florida's citrus marketers are so much better at their job than Texas's. We had a Rio Ruby grapefruit for breakfast. Huge, meaty, juicy, sweet ! Did I mention huge ? !

After morning chores I walked down to the office to pay for another week. The weather here is just too good to leave. Especially when a few hundred miles away, they're having rain and tornadoes. I refilled the fresh water holding tank. I prepared some outgoing mail. We drove over to the Post Office. I bought some stamps, posted the outgoing mail, and picked up our investment mail at General Delivery. Thank you, Bruce. Get well soon ! We refilled a couple of jugs of water. I returned to the trailer and Joanne took the truck into Harlingen to shop at Wal-Mart and H-E-B. I finished updating my investment spreadsheets. The first month of 2006 was a pretty good month in the stock markets.

The elusive Wi-Fi signal was available at the trailer this afternoon, so I got online, retrieved my January bank statements, sent and retrieved e-mail, and updated my blog. I took Bo for an obedience training session. I made lunch for myself when I realized that Joanne was obviously going to be much longer than she had thought she was going to be. She returned to the trailer just as I was finishing my lunch. I read today's Winter Texan Weekly newspaper for awhile, then fell asleep briefly. Joanne woke me up to drive her to the clubhouse with a huge amount of laundry to do.

While Joanne did laundry, I started today's journal entry, and entered an investment trade transaction. We watched the season premiere of Survivor. I barbecued supper tonight. After supper we watched TV, and I did today's accounting.

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment