Tuesday, February 28, 2006

February 22, 2006

February 22, 2006

Rainbow's End SKP Park, Livingston, Texas

YEAR 2 DAY 250

 

Today was cloudy, warm, humid, foggy in the morning and evening, with occasional rain.

This morning I phoned the Livingston Post Office to check if my mail had arrived at General Delivery yet. It had not < sigh >. I took Bo for an obedience training session, no dog biscuits for reward. His digestive tract is improved, but still not 100%. He had a bit of a brain fart during obedience training. We came across a small group of people standing, chatting. There were 3 dogs with the group. I put Bo into a "sit, stay, leave it", and walked away. About 100 feet away, I turned, looked at Bo sitting, attentively watching me, and I blew my whistle, which is my command to "come". Bo leapt up from the "sit, stay", and ran over to visit the 3 dogs. No, Bo ! Talk about misunderstanding the concept.

After lunch I read for awhile, then napped briefly. Joanne iced the birthday cake she had baked for Arley's 80th birthday. We walked over to Arley's, sang Happy Birthday to him, and had some birthday cake. I still think it's silly to present a blind man with a birthday cake with lit candles, but Arley seemed to appreciate it. I held the cake up in front of him while he blew out the candles. We visited for awhile, then I left to go to social hour, while Joanne remained visiting with Arley. After social hour, I visited with Cathy & Jan Emrick, walking back to their rig with them to get some information on the manufacturer of their fifth wheel hauler conversion. We chatted for awhile about trucks, and WorkCamper / Volunteer positions. I said hello to Marsha and Gerald, who had just arrived here at Rainbow's End. Marsha was a short term patient at C.A.R.E. when we worked there a year ago, after she had both her knees replaced. We bumped into them once since then, at Casa Grande, Arizona. Marsha's new knees are doing just fine.

I went to the computer room to get online, send and retrieve e-mail, update my blog, and retrieve my U.S.$ MasterCard statement. After we had supper, I worked on reconciling the U.S.$ MasterCard while we watched some Monty Python retrospectives on PBS. HA HA HA ! Very funny ! I did today's accounting, then watched a bit of Olympics coverage.

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment