Thursday, February 9, 2006

February 7, 2006

February 7, 2006

La Feria, Texas

YEAR 2 DAY 235

 

Today was sunny and warm.

This morning I sat down with a cup of coffee, and built a spreadsheet to compare the costs of our current truck, with its attendant high repair costs, versus the costs of a new truck, with no repair costs. There's not as much difference as one might think. I want a new truck next summer.

I walked over to the small independent repair shop nearby and rescheduled the appointment I missed yesterday to have the starter heat shield blanket installed. When I returned, I drained the waste holding tanks and refilled the fresh water holding tank. I took Bo for an obedience training walk. I found a wallet. I was going to take it to the office, then decided to just knock on the door of the nearest trailer, and ask for the name that was on the cards in the wallet. Bingo ! The old guy didn't even know he had dropped his wallet. I climbed up on the roof of the trailer, and cleaned the skylight over the bathroom. Then I carefully examined the rubber roof, looking for any cracks that might need repair. I found three. I'll repair the roof before we leave here Saturday.

We had lunch. I read for awhile, then napped. I got online, sent and retrieved e-mail, updated my blog, and did some online research. I'm currently watching the 6:00 P.M. news. The story that's on right now is about an attack on the newspaper office in Nuevo Laredo, Mexico, across the Rio Grande from Laredo, Texas. We were in both Laredo and Nuevo Laredo a couple of weeks ago. The attack involved grenades and lots of gunfire. They sure play rough down here !

We had supper, then spent the evening watching TV.

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment