Thursday, February 9, 2006

February 8, 2006

February 8, 2006

La Feria, Texas

YEAR 2 DAY 236

 

Today was sunny and hot.

This morning I phoned Knapp Chevrolet to check on the status of the truck repair. When they traced the shipment progress of the diesel fuel injection pump, it showed as being in Harlingen, but not yet at Knapp. They were expecting it would arrive by early afternoon. They expect that the truck will be ready to go by noon tomorrow < sigh >. Without the tools in the truck, I can't do any of the few maintenance items left on my things to do list. I drank coffee, read, composed some e-mail, and took Bo for a long obedience walk. Joanne stayed in bed all morning, nursing a backache that she's had for a couple of days.

We had lunch, I read, then napped. Not much else to do. I cleaned out Teddy's cat tent. I had noticed that a lot of sand and dust had blown into it. While cleaning out the sand and dust, I discovered that at some point he had urinated in the tent. Poor Teddy. Sorry ! I had not taken his small litter box out of the back of the truck, and put it in the tent, as I usually do when I set up his tent for him. I had thought that since I was only allowing him to be in the tent for short periods of time, he wouldn't need a litter box in there. I was wrong. I sprayed the tent floor with Natural Chemistry, an enzymatic odour eliminator, although I know from experience, both personal and business, that total elimination of a cat urine odour is impossible. Oh, well ... that doesn't render the cat tent unusable ... like it did to our expensive luggage when Toby pissed on them to show us his displeasure when we returned from a vacation in Costa Rica a few years ago.

I administered flea treatments to Teddy and Bo, and heartworm medication to Bo. I missed their December and January applications because the monthly scheduling entry in my laptop calendar had expired. Darn careless of me ! I blew off most of the afternoon, and all of the evening, just watching TV. Lethargy attack ! Late in the evening I practiced my new magic. It's getting good.

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment