Sunday, February 5, 2006

February 4, 2006

February 4, 2006

La Feria, Texas

YEAR 2 DAY 232

 

Today was sunny and hot again.

This morning after regular morning chores, I went down to the office to extend our stay by 2 more days. Joanne bought tickets to a Mexican folkloric concert next Friday night, so I extended our stay here at La Feria RV Park until Saturday. I took Bo for an obedience walk, and presented him with the most difficult challenge yet. He passed with flying colours. As we were walking, there was a woman approaching with a Schnauzer. I put Bo into a "sit and stay", then walked about 100 feet away. As the woman and Schnauzer approached Bo, I kept commanding him to "stay and leave it". As the woman and other dog passed within a few feet of Bo, he trembled, but held the stay. Good, good dog, Bo, great work !

I did some very minor maintenance work this morning, tightening all the screws in my glasses, and replacing a felt bumper that fell off the back of one of the dinette window day / night shades. I opened the batch of incoming investment mail, sorted it, reviewed it, and made updating entries in the computer. This batch of incoming investment mail finished up the calendar year data, so I completed all the 2005 investment data in the computer. Tomorrow I'll print and store it all. I keep paper copies of my year end investment files.

We had lunch. I read for awhile, then napped. When I woke, Joanne left to go buy some milk, and refill some water jugs. I practiced my new magic. It went well today. I'm making progress.

It was cooler today, with lower humidity. A very pleasant afternoon. I sat outside and read a book for much of the afternoon.

Supper was a bit late tonight. Joanne dropped a dozen eggs on the floor. After supper we watched some TV. I did today's accounting and journal entry. My eyes are sore, burning and itching again tonight. I'm having some problem with my new lenses. I think it's because they don't darken outside, as I'm used to. I think the eye strain is from unfiltered bright sunlight.

On a more positive note, I have been very aggressively treating my colitis, and related problems for the last 2 weeks. I’m feeling better than I have in over 6 months.

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment