Tuesday, March 14, 2006

March 12, 2006

March 12, 2006

Lake Manatee State Park, Florida

YEAR 2 DAY 268

 

Whew ... 88 degrees in the shade. Too hot. Well, actually ... the problem is ... way too much humidity.

This morning after regular morning routines and chores, I walked over to Julie's campsite to retrieve my barbecue, which I left there last night. I brought it back to our campsite and cleaned it. Gee ... what a lot of grease and grime. Getting grease and grime off the barbecue got grease and grime all over me. I took Bo for an obedience training session. I added an item to my preventive maintenance daily checklist. I got the printer out of storage and reprinted my preventive maintenance daily checklist.

We had lunch. I read, then napped. Joanne went to visit Julie. When I woke, I started today's journal entry. I walked over to Julie's campsite, where Joanne was visiting. I sat down and joined in the conversation for a couple of hours, until it was time to prepare supper. We had invited Julie and Christine over for supper.

While Joanne prepared Jambalaya for supper, I lit a campfire. Julie and Christine came over, and we had supper outside at the picnic table. Once the sun set, the temperature cooled down nicely. After dinner, we sat around the campfire for a long evening of visiting, all of us discussing our travels ; where we've been, and where we're going. I explained my blog to Julie and Christine, then brought the laptop outside to give them a demonstration, showing them yesterday's journal entry and photos. I also showed Julie some photos of Arizona. She hasn't been to Arizona yet.

We've always admired Julie, for being courageous enough to live the RV lifestyle, travelling full time, as a middle aged single woman. Meeting her mother, Christine, we see where she gets it from. As a matter of fact, the phrase "I can see where she gets it from", is an inside family joke between Julie and her mother.

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment