Friday, March 3, 2006

March 2, 2006

March 2, 2006

Mississippi / Alabama border to RainBOw Plantation, Summerdale, Alabama

YEAR 2 DAY 258

 

Sweet Home, Alabama ... from Bo's perspective. This is where we adopted Bo 15 months ago.

Today was sunny and very warm. Today's high of 81 degrees was a record high for this date.

This morning we left the Tourist Information Centre at the Mississippi / Alabama border and headed east on Interstate 10 for Mobile, Alabama. We passed through Mobile, and crossed over Mobile Bay. We turned south on Hwy. 59, heading towards the Gulf Of Mexico at Gulf Shores. At Summerdale we turned west on Hwy. 28 for a few miles to Rainbow Plantation SKP Park. We registered, got set up in our site, then set up Teddy's tent for him. He has been wanting to be outside lately, and today's weather was superb, so Teddy got to spend the afternoon outdoors in his tent.

I took Bo for an obedience training session. He didn't do as well today as he has been lately. No, Bo, you can't revert back to being a totally unruly little redneck dog just because you're back home here in Alabama. We had lunch. I took a long nap. I've been suffering from a cold the last few days, and have been very active with Mardi Gras activities, and a long, hard day of driving yesterday. I deserved a long nap. While I napped, Joanne prepared a contribution to tonight's pot luck dinner here at Rainbow Plantation. When I woke, I did a backup of all computer files to CD. I reviewed and responded to e-mails I retrieved yesterday morning before we left Lafayette, Louisiana. I printed the investment data updates I retrieved yesterday morning.

We went to the pot luck dinner, and were very surprised to find it very poorly attended, perhaps a dozen couples. We've attended a lot of pot luck dinners at a lot of RV parks and rallies, and they are always very well attended. Usually close to 100% of a park's resident's and visitors attend these sorts of social activities. I wonder why this park had such poor attendance ? During and after dinner we chatted with a couple from Delaware who were in Lafayette at the same time as us, celebrating Mardi Gras. They were even staying at the same campground as us. We also chatted with a couple from Minnesota who have visited Canada a number of times, from coast to coast. We chatted with the park manager, to remind her about our adoption of Bo here about 15 months ago. She said they had 3 strays in the park around that time, shortly after Hurricane Ivan, and shortly after there was a break in and release of animals at the local animal shelter. Two of the three strays were adopted by Canadians. The other stray dog that is now a "Canadian" was named Bama. Cute ! RainBOw Plantation in Summerdale, AlaBAMA .

When we returned to the trailer, we watched Survivor. I worked on today's journal entry. I spent the rest of the evening working on updating my investment files, while we watched TV.

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment