Saturday, March 18, 2006

March 14, 2006

March 14, 2006

"The Resort" SKP Park, Wauchula, Florida

YEAR 2 DAY 270

 

Today was sunny and hot ... again. Too much humidity ... again ! It rained a bit overnight, but not enough to reduce the humidity. Just enough to get our lawn chairs wet, the cat tent wet, the litter box inside the cat tent wet, etc..

I'm beginning to get really irritated at south Florida's people, and their attitudes. When we arrived at The Resort, we were given the park's guide book. It stated that social hours were held Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays at the clubhouse, at 4:00 P.M.. When we went to the clubhouse yesterday at 4:00 P.M., there was no social hour. We were told social hours were Tuesdays and Thursdays at campsite A-8. Today I verified with the clubhouse. Yes, yes, social hour was at site A-8 at 4:00 P.M.. When I arrived at site A-8 at 4:00 P.M., the social hour was just finishing. It started at 3:00 P.M. and ended at 4:00 P.M.. And nobody really cares that incorrect information is being given out to park visitors. This seems to be another one of those few Escapee co-op parks where the "permanent" residents would be happy not to have transients / travellers in their park. And I just got off the phone with Disney World, trying to find out if they have any vacancies in their Fort Wilderness Campground. I had to answer questions for over 7 minutes before the agent would tell me if there were any vacancies. All tombstone data, name, address, phone number, who is my travelling companion, what is her name, have we ever been to Disney World, and on and on and on ! ! ! I kept telling the woman all I wanted to know was whether there were any vacancies, and she refused to answer that question until I gave her far more information than I have ever been asked for, for any reservation, for anything ! ! ! By the time I got the answer to my question, I had decided there was no way on God's green earth I was going to stay at Disney's campground. And even more so when she finally told me that yes, there was a vacancy, and the rate for 2 nights was a teensy bit less than $200 ! ! ! A HUNDRED BUCKS A NIGHT ? ! ? FOR A CAMPSITE ? ! ? I don't think so ! And I don't really give a rat's ass that Chip and Dale host the campfires !

This morning after regular morning chores, we drove into town to pick up the mail waiting for us at General Delivery. I was expecting / hoping for 4 pieces of mail. They were all there, including our January mail that Sharon sent to Livingston, Texas, that had not arrived in Texas by the time we were leaving there.

After lunch I read, then napped. When I woke, I helped Joanne carry laundry to the laundry room in the clubhouse. While she did laundry, I phoned Disney World, then went in to the swimming pool. Ahhhhh ... very nice. After floating around in the pool for awhile, then lying in the sun on a deck chair, I noticed Joanne was outside, looking for ways to spend money. You know, it's like ... if Bo doesn't get to go "drivey", and Joanne doesn't get to go "spendy", their days are unfulfilled. There was a produce vendor selling fresh produce off the back of a trailer. He comes to the park twice a week to sell fresh produce. I helped Joanne pick out some fresh fruits and vegetables, then went to the "anti-social" hour, while she continued working on laundry. I took Bo for an obedience session. Much better, Bo, that's more like it. Good dog !

When Joanne returned from doing laundry, we sat outside for awhile, enjoying the fine late afternoon weather, discussing whether or not to go to Disney World for the next few days. While Joanne took Bo for another obedience training session, I went to the clubhouse to get online. I sent and retrieved e-mail, and updated my blog. Joanne said that she had a bit of trouble getting Bo focussed, but when she finally did, he did well. It's extremely important that he believe Joanne is as much "top dog" as I am. I folded and put away Teddy's tent, then put away the lawn chairs, in preparation for departure tomorrow. I barbecued some sausages for supper, while Joanne prepared her great potato salad.

After supper, I worked on today's journal entry and accounting while we watched N.C.I.S, The Unit, and finally, Amazing Race.

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment