Thursday, March 9, 2006

March 8, 2006

March 8, 2006

Bushnell, Florida

YEAR 2 DAY 264

 

Today was sunny and very warm. The thermometer on the dinette window read 89 degrees this afternoon.

I slept very late this morning. After regular morning chores, I printed and reconciled February's bank statements ... again. The first time I downloaded and printed them, I hadn't selected the correct dates. I also reprinted my arrival and departure checklists. I lost them as we were leaving Rainbow Plantation. I think I placed them on the back of the truck just as we were finishing up our departure preparations, then drove away. I composed a bunch of e-mails to set up visits with my accountant, investment broker, and friends in Ottawa. I also composed an e-mail to send to our WorkCamping friend Julie, who is working at Lake Manatee State Park. We're going there on Friday to visit her. I reviewed and responded to yesterday's e-mails. We took Bo for an obedience training session. He continues to improve, but still is not performing as well as he is capable.

We had lunch, then drove into Bushnell for some shopping. First stop was Wal-Mart to replenish groceries and supplies, and fill up with diesel. Next we went to Dollar General, then to Winn-Dixie for a few more groceries. We don't like to buy luncheon meats and bread at Wal-Mart. One of the things we find odd in the United States, is the lack of in-store bakeries and fresh bread in grocery stores. We have difficulty on an ongoing basis finding bread that is to our liking. Before we went to Wal-Mart we went to a bakery that was recommended to us, but it was closed.

Back at the trailer, I took Bo for a long walk, then we had a tennis ball play session. I also took Teddy for a long walk on a leash. He's usually not a very good leash walker, but today he was content to just amble along, me guiding him away from grassy areas. If I let him onto grass, he eats it. We had supper. I went to the clubhouse, got online, sent and retrieved e-mails, and updated my blog. We watched some TV. I did today's accounting and journal entry. I practiced my new magic for one last time before I put it away into storage in my magic tool box. After performing it at the C.A.R.E. Centre in Livingston, Texas, and practicing it tonight, I'm confident in my ability to perform it.

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment