Thursday, March 23, 2006

March 21, 2006

March 21, 2006

Homeland, Georgia

YEAR 2 DAY 277

 

Today was steamy hot and humid. It rained a bit this morning. Joanne decided early in the day she didn't want to go exploring the Okefenokee Swamp today, preferring to rest around the campsite, do some laundry, play with the dog, etc..

We drove into town to buy some stamps and some postcards. We explored the town of Folkston a bit by driving around. Back at the trailer, I installed the Georgia decal on the map on the side of the trailer, showing where we've been. It's the first decal I've been able to apply since Utah. I wrote another postcard. I took Bo for an obedience training session. While checking the phone, I realized that I had missed an incoming call 6 days ago. Darn ! I returned the call to my investment broker in Ottawa.

We had lunch. I took a nap. I got online with Wi-Fi, sent and retrieved e-mail, and updated my blog. I retrieved my 2 MasterCard statements for March. I applied for a WorkCamper job with the U.S. Corps Of Engineer Parks for next winter. Joanne did some laundry, then she took the dog for another obedience training session. She invited me outside for a play session. We had a tennis ball play session with Bo, then she and I played with Bo's Mardi Gras Frisbee. Bo doesn't particularly like playing with the Frisbee, so while Joanne and I played with it, he chewed sticks and dug holes. Some neighbouring campers walking by stopped to look at the map on the side of the trailer, and chat.

I barbecued burgers for supper. After supper I did some work on 2005 income tax preparations. I did today's accounting, and journal entry while we watched N.C.I.S., The Unit, and Amazing Race. I spent much of the evening finishing work on the incoming mail.

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment