Wednesday, March 8, 2006

March 7, 2006

March 7, 2006

Tallahassee to Bushnell, Florida

YEAR 2 DAY 263

 

Today was sunny and very warm. The thermometer read 87 degrees outside the Sumter Oaks office when we arrived.

By the time we were ready to leave this morning, the Flying J had become a zoo. All the pump islands had line-ups. There was grid lock in the parking lot. It made manoeuvering around with the rig very difficult. The RV pump islands had line-ups, so I pulled around to the outside of the RV islands just to access the dump station. I dumped the shower holding tank, then refilled a propane tank. I drove over to the regular auto pump islands and squeezed the rig in, to fill up with diesel. I had a hard time getting in, and an even more difficult time backing out. Joanne's abilities in guiding me backwards, using our 2 way radios, have become quite good. We drove about a mile and a half down the road to Camping World. I bought some supplies.

We got back onto Interstate 10 and headed east. We crossed over the historic Suwannee River. “Waaaaayyyyy down upon the Suwaneeeee River ... ” “How I luv ya, how I luv ya, myyyyy dear old Suwannee ... ” After a couple of hours of driving, I was falling asleep at the wheel. Joanne drove for awhile. As soon as I fell asleep in the passenger seat, the phone rang. It was Dr. Anderson’s nurse, calling with details of all the appointments she had arranged. All our medical tests are set up for May 3 to 8. Good work, Jeannette, thank you very much. At Interstate 75 we turned south. We stopped at a road side rest area and had lunch.

After lunch we continued south on I-75. We sure can make good time on the Interstates. At Bushnell we arrived at Sumter Oaks RV Park, our 16th Escapee park, of 19. Very nice. Wild Magnolias in bloom, Spanish Moss hanging off Live Oaks, park surrounded by swamp forest. We got set up in our campsite. We took Bo for an obedience training session. A neighbour came over with her dog Tooey, to meet and play with Bo. I downloaded and processed some photos I took over the last few days. I picked a Kumquat off the bush in our campsite. Bo ate it, no hesitation. Stupid dog !

We had supper. I did today’s accounting. I went to the club house to get online, sent and retrieved e-mail, downloaded my February bank statements ... again, and updated my blog.

Joanne baked muffins, and we watched Amazing Race. Woo-Hoo ... love that show !

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment