Saturday, March 4, 2006

March 4, 2006

March 4, 2006

RainBOw Plantation, Summerdale, Alabama

YEAR 2 DAY 260

 

Today was another beautiful "June 18" day. Sunny and warm ... again !

This morning I worked on a bunch of minor maintenance and "home improvement" projects. I trimmed my beard. I got online using Wi-Fi. I realized that it's no more expensive to buy Wi-Fi here than it is to use the data port on the pay phone, and AOL's 10 cents a minute 1-800 access number. AOL has no local free access number. I sent and retrieved e-mail, and updated my blog.

We had lunch. We took Bo for an obedience training session. It's the first time in awhile that Joanne has joined me on a training session. Bo has not been performing particularly well lately. Today, he responded somewhat poorly to my commands, and he acted as if he was deaf to Joanne's commands. Uh-oh. Bo has forgotten his status in our family's social hierarchy. Bo ... you are not top dog. You're not even mid-level dog. You're bottom of the heap. I walked away and left Bo with Joanne, to continue training without me. I read for awhile. I did my monthly test of the smoke alarm in the trailer. I went to social hour. Joanne didn't want to go. She was doing some housecleaning.

Strange social hour. Four people. Me, a "transient" / traveller from Detroit, and 2 park residents. I thought the poor attendance at the pot luck dinner on Thursday night was odd. Four people at a social hour was bizarre. There must be something going on behind the scenes here that travellers passing through, like us and the man from Detroit, can't be aware of. I chatted with the other 3 people for awhile, then the man from Detroit and I chatted while we walked back to our rigs. He and I were having an interesting conversation, and ended up walking around the park, with Bo, chatting for a couple of hours.

At dusk, when I went back inside the trailer, and saw Joanne preparing supper, I remembered that I was supposed to barbecue tonight. We had purchased some Cajun seasoned chicken the other day, and I was supposed to barbecue it tonight. Uh-oh ... I forgot. Sorry.

We had supper, then watched some TV while I did today's accounting and worked on today's journal entry.

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment