Thursday, March 9, 2006

March 9, 2006

March 9, 2006

Bushnell, Florida

YEAR 2 DAY 265

 

Today was another sunny, very warm day. Nice climate in Florida.

I slept late again this morning. That's "code" for I'm having another colitis flare-up, have been getting up during the night for bathroom requirements, and am weak and tired as a result. After regular morning routines and chores, I read yesterday's newspaper until lunch.

After lunch I entered the data from an investment trade I made recently. I received the details from Rhonda at Edward Jones in Ottawa yesterday by e-mail. I took Bo for an obedience training session. Continued improvement, but still not quite as good as he was doing a month ago. Remind me never to take that little redneck hound back to Alabama again. I took Teddy for a long walk. Then I took Bo for a long pleasure walk. Then it was time for his monthly bath. Gee, he looks and smells great after a bath. But then again, don't we all ? After his bath, he choked and coughed for an hour or two. I must have got some water into his nose, and then into his lungs, while I was bathing him. Poor Bo ! Sorry !

Our Missouri WorkCamping friend Julie phoned, to discuss our visit with her. We're going tomorrow to Lake Manatee State Park where she has been WorkCamping for the winter.

Joanne and I worked together on preparing a medical summary for each of us, into a computer file. We will use it to give to medical personnel in Ottawa to give a complete snapshot of our medical conditions and status, when we go there at the beginning of May for medical tests.

We went to the park's pot luck dinner tonight. Joanne prepared a new blueberry dessert recipe. I never got to try it. By the time I got to it, it was all gone. It seemed to be one of the more popular choices on the dessert table. Over dinner we sat and chatted with Robert, whom I met at Rainbow Plantation in Alabama, and a couple from Vermont, a bit south of Montreal. After dinner we chatted with a couple from Baton Rouge. She saw my new Mardi Gras t-shirt and initiated a chat about Mardi Gras celebrations in Louisiana. We also chatted, partially in French, with a man with a French name, from Oregon. A couple of generations back his family was from New Brunswick and Quebec.

We returned to the trailer, and watched Survivor. I did today's accounting and worked on today's journal entry, and Joanne washed dishes, while we watched CSI. I wentto the clubhouse to get online, send and retrieve e-mail, and update my blog. There probably won't be Internet access at Julie's state park.

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment