Saturday, December 3, 2005

December 1, 2005

December 1, 2005

Congress, Arizona

YEAR 2 DAY 167

 

Today was sunny and warm.

This morning after showering at the park's clubhouse, I did preventive maintenance, then checked all the truck and trailer tire air pressures with the new tire pressure guage I bought yesterday. One truck tire needed air. I unhitched the truck from the trailer, then connected water and sewer to the trailer. When I went to start the truck, the starter failed to engage again, and I had to tap it with my long breaker bar. That's the fourth failure since it was replaced a couple of months ago. I guess I'll be having the starter replaced ... again ... before too long. And having to deal with the complications of making a warranty claim with GM Canada for warranty work done in the United States.

We had lunch, then I took the truck over to the park's maintenance garage to adjust the pressure in the tire that needed adjustment. We took Bo for an obedience walk. He did very well, although we noticed today that he obeys me slightly better than he obeys Joanne. I would like him to consider us as equal Alpha dogs, but evidently he thinks I'm more Alpha dog than Joanne is. Fine, as long as he doesn't revert to thinking he is Alpha dog, which he did when we got him a year ago. Joanne did some laundry, and cleaning in the trailer. I moved all my magic and juggling stuff from the shoe box it was stored in to the new tool box I bought the other day for it. I rearranged and Velcro tie wrapped all the cords and cables hanging inside a bedroom cupboard, running through a hole in the side of the cupboard to the little 120V / 12V bedroom TV, and the cell phone charger. I mounted the Navajo sand painting I bought the other day, using Velcro. Looks very nice. Wal-Mart and Velcro ... life support systems for RV'ers. HA HA HA ! I did a backup of all the files on the laptop, to CD's. I went to the modem cubicle on the outside of the clubhouse, and got online. I sent and retrieved e-mail, retrieved my November bank statements, downloaded current investment data, and sent an inquiry to a potential WorkCamper job in Texas for January and / or February.

I have just returned from walking Bo ( 6:00 P.M. ). What a lovely view. The sun has just set behind the mountains in the distance. The sky is pink over the mountains. The thin layers of clouds over the mountains are glowing pink. The multi-armed Saguaro Cactus at the entrance to the park is silhouetted against the mountains in the background. While Joanne prepared supper, I did today's accounting, then dug the printer out of the basement storage area and printed all the documents I had downloaded today. We had supper, and watched Survivor. After supper we watched The Apprentice.

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment