Monday, December 19, 2005

December 17, 2005

December 17, 2005

Yuma, Arizona

YEAR 2 DAY 183

 

Today was sunny and cool.

This morning I got the printer out, and printed the investment data updates that I downloaded last night. The we headed off for another morning of flea market shopping at Yuma Park & Swap. It was a larger flea market than Arizona Market Place, but not quite as organized and civilized. We bought a few small items, and some produce. Gee ... at this flea market, locally grown lemons are 20 for a dollar, and grapefruits are 10 for a dollar.

We were listening to our Cajun Christmas CD in the truck as we drove around yesterday and today. I had forgotten how much we like Cajun music, although this Christmas CD is not the best example of Cajun music we've heard. There are a few very catchy tunes we've been singing along with. "I'm standing in lie, waiting to see Santa Clow" Cajun phonetics mine. We returned to the trailer at Kofa Co-op and had lunch. I read for awhile, then napped. When I woke, I gave Bo a bath. He certainly doesn't stink, here in the desert, like he did after being in the cold rain for a few weeks on Vancouver Island. I did today's accounting, started today's journal entry, downloaded and processed a couple of photos, then began working on updating the investment files.

I had another starter "failure to engage" today. It might be my imagination, but I think I detected a looseness in the ignition when I turned the key, and the starter failed to engage. My ignition keys are very worn. I wonder if it's possible that the worn key is failing to engage a tumbler in the ignition cylinder that closes the starter relay or something ?

I helped prepare supper. After supper I continued updating and analyzing the investment files. The stock market has performed well over the last couple of weeks. Looks like our investments will have overall good growth for the year. No need to hang the keys up just yet.

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment