Monday, December 5, 2005

December 3, 2005

December 3, 2005

Congress, Arizona

YEAR 2 DAY 169

 

Today was sunny, warm, and a bit windy.

This morning after showering, I prepared pancakes for brunch. I read for awhile, cuddled in the sunlight on the bed with Teddy and Bo. Joanne joined us in the cuddle, and we all fell asleep for a long nap. When we woke, I took Bo for a walk, then Teddy. Lately Teddy has been wanting to go outside daily, to roll on the desert sand and gravel ground. He seems to enjoy flopping around, having a sort of dust bath. Silly, old cat ! I returned the movie to the library, then went to the modem cubicle to get online, check e-mail, and update my blog. I trimmed my beard. We were going to drive into the nearby town of Wickenburg, so that we could both have haircuts, but we both had haircuts last winter in Wickenburg. They weren't great ! We decided to wait until we get to Yuma, to have haircuts. I took Bo for an obedience walk, then took Teddy for another "flop around in the dirt" walk. I washed the truck. It gets very dusty driving across the desert. Joanne did some interior cleaning in the trailer, then baked some cookies.

I bought today's newspaper, and relaxed, reading it while Joanne prepared a great wild rice and chicken dish for supper. After supper we watched a documentary on the 30 year old British comedy, Fawlty Towers. We loved that show. We spent the evening relaxing, watching TV and reading the newspaper.

We were going to leave here tomorrow, but we’re enjoying the rest and relaxation, so we’ve decided to stay another day. Tomorrow we’ll go into Wickenburg and buy some groceries, then maybe wash the trailer. We’ll head for Quartzsite on Monday.

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment