Friday, December 16, 2005

December 14, 2005

December 14, 2005

Yuma, Arizona

YEAR 2 DAY 180

 

Today was sunny, warm, and a bit windy.

This morning after I showered, Joanne wanted some help with lymphedema massage. The result of helping her was that I ended up falling asleep again until almost noon. Oh, well.

I did preventive maintenance, did a minor repair to the folding door between the bathroom hallway and the bedroom, and fixed Joanne's SKP name badge. The maple leaf with the Escapees logo fell off her name badge. I reattached it with double sided foam tape. While Joanne prepared lunch, I took Bo for a short obedience walk.

We had lunch, then left for shopping at Wal-Mart. On the way to Wal-Mart, I refilled Dee-Dee with diesel. The price of diesel seems to be coming down. Today I paid $2.279 a gallon. I've paid as much as $3.299 in California. We did our Wal-Mart shopping, including buying a kitschy little artificial Christmas tree. We returned to Kofa Co-op, and before it got dark, Joanne did a bit more cleaning and waxing of the trailer, and I did some paint touch up on the tailgate. When I bought the truck, I replaced the original tailgate with a V-notched, louvered, 5th wheel tailgate. Its paint job leaves much to be desired.

I set up the little Christmas tree, and decorated it with the few Christmas ornaments that we have. I kept four airplane ornaments acquired over the years, given to me as gifts, and we have two YMCA Of The Ozarks ornaments given to us as "thank you & farewell" gifts at the end of our first WorkCamper job last year at YMCA Of The Ozarks in Missouri a little over a year ago. While Joanne prepared supper, I did today's accounting, walked Bo, and started today's journal entry.

UH-OH ! Bo found his Christmas gift. Joanne was looking for something in a cupboard. She took stuff out of the cupboard and placed it on the bed, including Bo's Christmas gift, his favourite retriever toy, "Foxy". He found it on the bed while Joanne was rummaging through the cupboard. He is so pleased to have a new Foxy. He hasn't had a Foxy since last spring when we returned to Canada. We couldn't find a Foxy in Canada. I guess we'll have to get him something else as a Christmas gift, because he surely isn't going to give up his new Foxy now !

We had supper, then watched The Apprentice : Martha Stewart. I composed and saved an "assistance request", then went to the clubhouse to get online and post it to one of the GM 6.5 turbo diesel forums.

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment